★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Knuckle down and let the good times roll this summer with the first classic marbles game for iPad.

Disarming in its simplicity and driven by good old-fashioned fun, Play Marbles provides a slew of fresh content, customisation, and the ability to connect and compete with friends. A huge offering in a tiny package, Play Marbles packs a heavy-weight longevity punch: Regular upgrades, with a large variety of new collectibles, game arenas, play modes and customizable features, keep the game fresh and amusing.

Simple to pick up and play, Play Marbles follows the tradition of competition, sportsmanship, and good clean fun. Easily accessible, but tough to master, Play Marbles is perfect for casual and core gamers to play together.

What are you waiting for? Your Shooter's in the ring, so stop lagging, and Play Marbles!

FEATURES
5 game types include Ringer, Pound and Moon
League, quick play and knockout game modes
5 game environments and arenas
14 sets of in-game marbles
Great in-game soundtrack or play your own tunes
Pimp your marbles using your own photos
FREE limited edition introductory marble sets
12-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Wow you guys are fast, only just had the confirmation from Apple to tell us that this was ready for release. By the time we came here to post you already had this up

Many thanks

D

12-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I own the iPhone version and I like it but I am a little thrown off by the pricing of this. I rarely mention pricing but $6.99 seems pretty steep.

Are there a lot of new features?
12-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I also played iphone version. ipad version is expensive.
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I downloaded this and to be fair I wish I hadn't doesn't seem to be any new features from the iPhone version I have . Also the graphics don't look if they have been improved any they look like they have been upscaled from the iPhone . Also I can't understand if it's listed as universal why are we being charged again if we already own the the original .
12-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
I downloaded this and to be fair I wish I hadn't doesn't seem to be any new features from the iPhone version I have . Also the graphics don't look if they have been improved any they look like they have been upscaled from the iPhone . Also I can't understand if it's listed as universal why are we being charged again if we already own the the original .
Thanks for trying it out, this is what I was afraid of.
12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Thanks for trying it out, this is what I was afraid of.
Seems to be a bit of a trend at the minute Babo Crash as just been put as HD and universal but we are expected to pay for it again . I can understand if it's been released as an iPad game in it's own right .
12-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Wow, extremely disappointed and feeling a bit ripped off.

I am a big fan of the original game, and when I saw this release, i got really excited.
Then seeing it is universal being sold at the same time as the old one, I assumed hd would prove retina resolution.

I don't know why they wouldn't want to use the retina technology, but this looks pretty crummy on my iPod 4 (at least the marbles and menus look like crap, backgrounds are ok)

I was hoping for some better results on my iPad, which the game doesn't look like thhe screen shots...crappy marbles and menus once again.

The cherry on top is that the icon in iTunes looks like it has a resolution of about 50 x 50' huge blobs of pixels.

This was just a very non-descriptive high priced un professional effort.

Retina support and better iPad graphics could save this game, and m iTunes score would reflect that
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
Wow, extremely disappointed and feeling a bit ripped off.
That kinda answers my question... :/

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
05-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Now FREE