Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by torulf View Post
The network play uses OpenFeint to find someone to play against, and then hosts the game on our servers. It's synchronous - both players have to play at the same time. This is the first game we're testing this feature on to see if it was worth our time to implement it. We'd love to hear your opinion, as usual.
I think you will hear many asking fir game centre ..... In my case, if ai is weak I will not bite. But Labyrinth is being downloaded as I type. Could not exist long on that.

Ps: you will get quite a few comments like mine I am afraid ....
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Riggy: we reasoned that using OpenFeint we could enable iOS vs. Android play (Android support coming up soon), which is, of course, not possible using Apples Game Center. It's good to hear your feedback that you would have preferred Game Center.

We considered asynchronous play, but as TtD games tend to be quite short compared to e.g. Carcassonne games, we thought it was more neat than necessary. Again, we'd love to hear your feedback.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I will pick this up later today. I am mainly interested in hot seat play.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Riggy: we reasoned that using OpenFeint we could enable iOS vs. Android play (Android support coming up soon), which is, of course, not possible using Apples Game Center. It's good to hear your feedback that you would have preferred Game Center.

We considered asynchronous play, but as TtD games tend to be quite short compared to e.g. Carcassonne games, we thought it was more neat than necessary. Again, we'd love to hear your feedback.
Multi platform play .... That is nice actually. How long would a game be?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Just bought the game and I would love to see game center support as well.

Could we have an option to select our social network in a future update like Fruit Ninja does?

-- Geb --
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 AM

I would have to time a game to give a good enough answer. And my dev iPad is occupied by my girlfriend playing Labyrinth.. She suggested I make something up so that she does not have to stop playing.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Torulf,

I'm not sure if others feel the same way, but I for one really think that asynchronus play is a near necessity for board games on the iPad. My friends and I play a ton of Carcassone and Samurai, with several games running at once, as we can log in for a minute or two and take our turns. I would love to see it as an option in the future. Samurai isn't a long game either, probably as long as a game of TTD. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be playing either one of them as much as I do if they didn't have asynchronus play, and I would be playing other games much more if they did have it (Small World, Neuroshima Hex).

Last edited by Riggy; 12-14-2010 at 10:33 AM..
Old 12-14-2010, 10:45 AM

Sorry to ask a question not relevant to the iPad - but, is this game coming out for the iPhone? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukester View Post
Meh. Every time a new turn-based game comes out, the comments section and various forums are full of cries for "asynchronous play."
Didn't it occur to you that, if a lot of people are asking for it, then a lot of people want it? I think TtD would be a fantastic candidate for this feature, and is completely necessary for making it a top iOS board game contender.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Multi platform play .... That is nice actually. How long would a game be?
Quote:
I would have to time a game to give a good enough answer. And my dev iPad is occupied by my girlfriend playing Labyrinth.. She suggested I make something up so that she does not have to stop playing.
Perhaps I can answer (and save Torulf's GF from having to give up playing Labyrinth...):

Games with the AI (who thinks fast and moves double quick by moving two pieces at once) are short, at least for me who does tend to spend time thinking. Maybe 15-20 minutes.

Whatever your complaints about asynchronous play and the AI be... if you have the friends nearby, make no mistake, this is a GREAT hot seat game!

And much more portable and less fiddly (what with the pieces and counting) than Dr. Knizia's classic board game.

Recommended!

Last edited by funambulist; 12-14-2010 at 11:19 AM..