★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: APPSPY REVIEW: "The visual design of I Must Run! is simply gorgeous, with smooth animations that look and respond perfectly to your controls and background artwork that quickly sets the tone and atmosphere of each environment."

--

GAME DESCRIPTION

I Must Run is the skill-based action running game. Jump over gaps in prison buildings, run through an underground station and test your reflexes in a deadly run over construction yard cranes. Reach the city center and save your wife. Remember, you have only 24 hours. You must run!

... more on www.imustrun.com

--

ABOUT GAMELION

Remember to join our Fan Page on Facebook for latest updates on our games, previews and hints:
facebook.com/gamelion

Or if you use Twitter, follow us at twitter.com/gamelion

Contact us via Email:
info@game-lion.com

Gamelion_Sebastian's comments:
Our latest game for iPhone (iPad coming soon) is now out on the App Store!

I Must Run! I Must Run is the skill-based action running game. Jump over gaps in prison buildings, run through an underground station and test your reflexes in a deadly run over construction yard cranes. Reach the city center and save your wife. Remember, you have only 24 hours. You must run!

In-game trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39NJ-p4bnO8

Story trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWlcKbL5474

Visit www.imustrun.com for more information about the game. It's also available from tomorrow in Europe and North America for PlayStation minis on PS3 and PSP.
12-14-2010, 07:55 AM
WOW! Looks like CAnabalt 2.0. AMAZING!
Gamecenter with achievements (how many)???

Never heard of this, awesome music and GFX...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me

12-14-2010, 07:59 AM
They could have called this cannabalt 2 and had done with it . But I must admit it does look pretty good might wait for the iPad version though .
12-14-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm TOFTT. I'll report shortly.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately, for the first release we didn't manage in time to add GameCenter support. This is something which has just been added (leader boards and achievements) and will be available in next update which we are submitting within this or next week.
12-14-2010, 08:16 AM
We are giving away 10 promo codes on the TA forum, be fast!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=76396
12-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Oh man, this is one tough cookie to comment on.

First off, the game is nerve wracking and definitely requires all of your attention...as it was intended to be according to the game's website (more on that in a sec). It runs as smooth as butter with great animations (the vids posted here don't do it justice) and the whole premise/intro video is awesomely cheesy. (90's action flick-cheesy...definitely a good thing).

The thing that leaves me scratching my beard and asking though, is why exactly is the game nerve wracking? I'm not entirely sure, but it could be due to the way the controls are handled. You jump by tapping the right side of your screen, attacking with the left side and sliding with the bottom of your screen. That means your thumbs are obsuring your view to a certain degree. That wasn't exactly an issue to me, as the game is very playable but I sit here wondering if my heart was pounding due to me trying to keep up with the whole "left, right, left, down, left, right" thing as the game's speed kept increasing. I don't know if the game could benefit from virtual buttons, but it's definitely a challenge keeping up with it (again, that is not a bad thing).

The other thing I don't quite understand is how the game progresses. According to the description, I Must Run! has an end, but there are no checkpoints. That means once you die, you have to restart the whole game. Gravity Guy for example, is another game that's essentially an "endless runner" with a premise, but it does have checkpoints. So is Run Like Hell! Now, I grew up during the "golden age" of gaming when you couldn't save and if you turned off your console, that was it...so I'm not saying I want IMR! to be any easier. It's just with one life and one mistake (much like Rogue Runner's "Last Chance") all your progress is lost. That, coupled with the fact that you just don't know how long the game is, is...i dunno lol.

I know I've been blabbering on for an hour but if you look beyond the wall of text, those are 2 very minor issues. IMR! is definitely worth your buck and sets out to do exactly what it's dev wanted it to. In fact, the entire time I've been sitting here typing this, I've had that urge to just play ONE.MORE.ROUND. =p

(Woah...if this is just me commenting on the game, how long would a review be? >_>)

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for great review! I'll just give quick answer: future update (realistically in January) will add credits to the game. That means you'll have few chances to complete the run from last checkpoint (level).

Right now the game is pretty much hardcore and we are aware of the fact that only very few will see the end
12-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I thank you Sebastian for the pleasant surprise!

Everyone is saying Canabalt - to me I really didn't like that game, but do like other runners, so wasn't sure what I was going to think. Well bam - right off the bat there is a cool video backstory which is explaining why he is running in the first place. VERY nicely done. In a very unique style too.

The controls of course could not be simpler. Tap on one side of the screen to jump, one side to punch away obstacles and the bottom to slide. I stink at sliding lol! The game starts off a little slowly which of course is good to get used to the controls but then definitely speeds up and then you are in reflex mode. Very good and spot on. My mess ups are my own operator error and not because something didn't register or something wonky happened in the game itself. I only have myself to blame!

I have been able to run for a few hours now (game time not real time in case you were wondering) and have yet to stumble upon any checkpoints. Are there any? If not would you consider them for us long distance challenged folks? Only because I would love to see the ending and well, let's face it, if I have to run the full 24 hours without messing up that isn't going to happen! I have been able to go further each time I played so that is encouraging and I have just started to play. Never say never maybe?

I know someone (he hem) is going to ask so yes, so far the obstacles and gaps have seemed to be randomly placed.

Well done Gamelion - take your place atop the running world! Even if I never do save his wife in time, I am going to have a TON of fun trying! This running game is going to replace a couple others. Cuz let's face it, there IS some addictive pressing desire to have a goal here - and life or death? What could be more compelling than that???
12-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't know if it's just me but I prefer games like this to be endless for me it's all about getting high scores not completing it , I leave that to platformers etc .