★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Alien abuse or Vyfight?

03-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Alien abuse or Vyfight?

Hey guys, I just made an account this morning and need some help on which app you truly think is better...

Alien Abuse

or

Vyfight

Also, if you have any suggestions for great apps that are around 99 cents that would be great. I am currently playing: Heavy Mach, iDracula, Pocket God, Sullys Flight, Payback, Touchgrind and many more.
03-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applover123 View Post
Hey guys, I just made an account this morning and need some help on which app you truly think is better...

Alien Abuse

or

Vyfight

Also, if you have any suggestions for great apps that are around 99 cents that would be great. I am currently playing: Heavy Mach, iDracula, Pocket God, Sullys Flight, Payback, Touchgrind and many more.
Welcome to the forums! The initial take including mine is that both have control issues. They're just not intuitive and not responsive in one way or another. Both devs, however, have been active in the forum and plan to redo the controls. I think Vyfight has a limited $.99 price tag so if you're interested, you should pick that up now. Alien Abuse can probably be picked up later at the same price.

Other games I would recommend in the $.99 price range would be GI Joyride, Crazy Snowboard, Gemmed, 7 Cities (if you're into TD apps), and The Creeps (good intro into TD games). That's just off the top of my head. What kind of games do you like?

Last edited by Big Albie; 03-21-2009 at 03:18 PM.

03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Search is your friend, and if it isn't then no one else will be.

Welcome to toucharcade.
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Quote:

Alien Abuse

or

Vyfight

I would reccomend Alien Abuse, it has a new huge control update coming up.
03-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I really like the crazy snowboard lite app, so I might consider purchasing that. I think I might also go with Vyfight because it is on sale and I don't really have any flying games like that currently. Does anyone know if the update to Vyfight will improve the controls?
03-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I really like the crazy snowboard lite app, so I might consider purchasing that. I think I might also go with Vyfight because it is on sale and I don't really have any flying games like that currently. Does anyone know if the update to Vyfight will improve the controls?
Crazy Snowboard surprised me too, and I enjoy it a lot. The controls were tightened up a bit in the 2.0 update which helped. If you're looking for more racing games, I would also suggest Aqua Moto at $2.99...I tell people about this game when I can and I don't even work for them

Here's a thread on Vyfight which should help
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=5591
03-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I played the lite version of Aqua Moto a while ago and wasn't too impressed but I definitely will have to take a second look. Any other suggestions?
03-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't have alien abuse, but the controlls of VyFight realy have got some problems.
I think "gi joyride" is a good 1$ game. (It's on sale)
03-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCanadian View Post
Search is your friend, and if it isn't then no one else will be.

Welcome to toucharcade.
Heehee, well said.

ON TOPIC: I haven't played Vyfight and can't vouch for it, but Alien Abuse was fun... for 2 minutes. It quickly became way too hard, mostly for the controls. At this point I don't recommend it, but you should keep your eye on it.

First game in progress...
03-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Whats so good about gi joyride? I have watched videos on it and read posts but I still don't understand what the attraction is all about.