★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Skill Game: The first perpetual AND adaptive game for iPad and iPhone

12-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Skill Game: The first perpetual AND adaptive game for iPad and iPhone

With our just released app "Skill Game" we have developed a game for iPad and iPhone that incorporates both strategy and skill. This game has a unique feature: perpetual gaming fun from the very beginning! The level of difficulty for randomly generated levels adapts automatically to the abilities of the player. A constant challenge without frustration is guaranteed, and won't loose it attractiveness due to the manifold different levels.

The goal of "Skill Game" is to connect all the numbers shown on the paper in the correct order. Draw a line with your finger right on the touch screen. Crossing or touching previously drawn lines is prohibited. Sounds easy? The order of the numbers, plus other obstacles make this a true challenge. With each connected number it gets even harder, as the player must work his way through and around previously drawn lines.

The concept for "Skill Game" is based on a long-standing German game, which is played with paper and pencil. For this reason, the papers for the new version for iPhone and iPad were actually created by hand, and photographed. The background provided a more than 200 year old wooden table from a farm house. This allows for an authentic gaming experience, that exploits the possibilities of the modern iOS hardware without detracting from the original. "Skill Game" provides for a welcome distraction to bridge a few minutes or for hours of captivating entertainment. This makes "Skill Game" the perfect game for all ages, which can be played anywhere, anytime.

And now, we wish you a great time with "Skill Game"
Sebastian and Mario (Good Apps)
12-24-2010, 10:58 AM
What a success!

A short update for you to see, what's happening right now on Xmas Day in Germany: People can't wait to get 'Skill Game' :-)

Top iPhone Apps (Germany)
#1 Strategy
#1 Puzzle
#6 Games
#8 Top Paid

Top iPad Apps (Germany)
#2 Strategy
#1 Puzzle
#3 Games
#3 Top Paid

We are very happy that people in germany like our game so much. And now it's your turn: Don't wait and give 'Skill Game' a try - its now on xmas-sale for just $0.99!
11-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Skill Game 2.0

Great news: Skill Game 2.0 is now available on the App Store as a free update. Now our famous and beloved "Skill Game" (well over one million downloads so far) got even better and more challenging!

So what's new in Skill Game 2.0?
- the add-on with over 50 additional papers and obstacles is now included for free
- one-way streets, where you can draw your lines in one direction only
- many colorful and exciting new obstacles
- Facebook and Twitter integration for direct sharing of solved levels

You can have a look at some of the new obstacles at this album on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=d07adfec96

Check it out and enjoy this challenging game of skill and strategy!
11-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I've got to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by this game. I went in not knowing what to expect, and found a very enjoyable, rewarding experience.

I only have one minor gripe; would you consider adding an option for muting the game in an upcoming update? At times I'd really like to mute the in-game audio without muting the rest of my phone, and though it is no major issue, it still detracts from the experience as a whole.

Thanks, and keep up the good work
11-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Great to hear that you like our game. When we look into the Game Center, we are also amazed by what players do and achieve with Skill Game.

Our goal is to improve Skill Game continuously. Therefore, we welcome any feedback and suggestions. Thank you for that.
We haven't implemented a mute switch yet, because we wanted to reduce the complexity of the user interface to a minimum. Especially on the iPhone the space in the menu is limited and we didn't want a cluttered interface. But as we see there is a demand for it, we should think about a good solution to maximize the experience with Skill Game.

By the way, have you ever tried the game variation 'Mania'? Especially in combination with the difficulty mode 'Random' this is an incredibly exciting challenge