App description: Disc Drivin is fun, social, turn-based racing! Race against your friends at your own pace with the swipe of your finger. Use awesome powers and avoid hazards on beautiful tracks with full 3D physics!

Touch Arcade
"Disc Drivin' is a total blast to play... The gameplay is just so satisfying, and the turn-based nature fits into a busy lifestyle"

148 Apps - ** Editor's Choice **
"Disc Drivin is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played on iOS."

Slide To Play - ** 4 out of 4 (Must Have) **
"Few multiplayer games have drawn us in like Disc Drivin... Pick up Disc Drivin, tell your friends to do the same, and start your finger-flicking engines."

The APPera - ** Best iPhone Games 2010 **
"If you haven't heard of this game, all that will change this year."

AppAdvice - ** 4 Stars (Should Buy) **
"One of the more entertaining social games to hit the App Store as of late."

Gameplay
Easy, fun, swipe controls to propel your disc
Full 3D physics
Activate powers during your turn like turbo boost, bombs, and oil slicks
Unique obstacles in each track such as bumpers, barriers, and ramps
Replay last turn of each player
Lots of unique tracks in 4 different environments
Beautiful retina display graphics
Customize your disc decal and color

Multiplayer
Play-at-your-own-pace, turn-based multiplayer
Play up to 20 simultaneous online games
Challenge your friends and random opponents
Up to 4 players in online games
Play locally with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or pass-and-play on a single device with up to 8 players
Chat in-game with your friends
Push notifications when it is your turn

Pixelocity's comments:
Disc Drivin', Disc Drivin' Free, and Disc Drivin' HD are now available in the App Store in the US! Gameplay video and iTunes info follows:

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-19-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm Leadfoot5 if anyone wants to race.
12-19-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm enjoying the free version but in two minds about whether to upgrade to the full. At $4 it's just out of the "impulse buy" range, and without actual matchmaking it's hard to tell how many people are playing this online and if there's a strong enough community to hold interest. It doesn't look like there are even any statistics or so much as a leaderboard for number of matches won. No matchmaking, no lobby, no chat. I don't know. I do like the game, but at the moment it's just a hard sell at the price. @Devs: Are there any actual online features coming?

EDIT: "Gabrien" if anyone wants to add me. (There really, at least, needs to be a player list somewhere in-game. In the form of a leaderboard would kill two birds with one stone.)

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-19-2010 at 02:41 AM.

12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the great posts. First, to Gabrien, the paid version should only be $2.99. But if you're enjoying the free version, by all means keep playing the free one! It is a complete full featured version of the game, it just has advertising in it. So don't feel like you're missing out on anything by not paying.

To both Gabrien and hasio_john, yes, we have a lot of updates planned! We know our first priority is making it easier to find players. We're adding FB/twitter support so its easier to get your friends in the game. Then we'll look into adding Game Center support.

There's also a little twitter community growing with a bunch of great people. Follow @PixelocitySW for more info.

Thanks for all the feedback, we are definitely listening! We're proud of version 1.0 of the game, but there is a lot we'd like to add to make it even better!
12-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Any plans for an IPad version or making it universal?
12-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Well done little game. Could use a single-player mode though, and iPad support would be nice too.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Mindfield, when you say single player do you mean vs. an AI? Or do you just mean a single device practice mode?

Rocketball, Mindfield - we definitely want to make an iPad version. Several things to add to the iPhone/iPod version first, then we'll get to it!
12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
"stan" is my username!
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelocity View Post
Mindfield, when you say single player do you mean vs. an AI? Or do you just mean a single device practice mode?

Rocketball, Mindfield - we definitely want to make an iPad version. Several things to add to the iPhone/iPod version first, then we'll get to it!
I meant single player vs. AI. Just so if you want to have a go locally without having to find someone else to play with.

Out of curiosity, would you make an iPad-specific version or a universal binary?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-20-2010, 03:18 AM
You can play against yourself locally with pass-and-play, but we don't have any immediate plans for AI. We'll definitely consider it down the line though if a ton of people are craving it!

We haven't really gotten too far into the iPad planning. The first thought was an iPad-specific version but that could change once we start working on it. We'll definitely talk more about it once there's something to talk about.
12-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Add me : Always ready for a game : Dosch033
Awesome game Would like to see an universal build. For the actual price I'd like to see it as an universal app. An I hope you include a Player Vs AI mode and GameCenter ;D That's all !