• Publisher: Clickgamer.com
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 24.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: When the implacable Professor Helsing and his assistant Raffton travel to The Shadow Blight, they'll need every weapon at their disposal to defeat Dracula's vampire horde. In this captivating, dark Gothic puzzle-adventure, use Dr. Helsing's powerful torch and tonics to save the world from the demonic uprising!

AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
This is no ordinary game! Helsing's Fire is recognized around the world as one of the App Store's premier puzzle games; full of charm and challenge.

IGF 2011 - Best Mobile Game Finalist
IGF 2011 - Excellence in Design Honorable Mention
IGF 2011 - Excellence in Visual Art Honorable Mention
SlideToPlay - The 50 Best iPhone Games of 2010 (#7)
TouchArcade - Best iPod Touch and iPhone Games (Puzzle)
AppAdvice - The Very Best iPhone Games of 2010 (Puzzle)
TheAppera - Best iPhone Games 2010
TouchGen - Editor's Choice Awards (Puzzle Runner-up)

PRESS QUOTES

SlideToPlay
... Helsing's Fire is one of those puzzle games that does something completely original and is unbelievably entertaining.

Eurogamer
... With its insidious wit and gothic charm, Helsing's Fire is a joyously original instant classic that iPhone owners should buy immediately.

TouchArcade
... It's one of the most unique games I've ever played and is a true App Store gem. Surely only a creature of darkness would let this one slip by them.

TheAppera
... Helsing's Fire reinvents the puzzle yet again with some light and dark dynamics I guarantee you have NOT seen yet. Prepare to be enthralled!

GamePro
... This is a game that would absolutely only work on the iOS platform, and it's hands-down one of the best games on the App Store. It gets my highest recommendation.

ADDICTIVE PUZZLES
Helsing's Fire features a brand-new puzzle mechanic never before seen: use the touch-screen to position Helsing's torch to illuminate different combinations of monsters, then destroy them in the correct order using Raffton's supply of different tonics. The quick, rewarding puzzles make it a perfect game for brief play-sessions, but you'll always want to play 'just one more level'!

A HUGE, DARK UNIVERSE
With puzzles set across four worlds, with 30 different levels in each world, all featuring fifteen different monster types including four bosses, Helsing's Fire provides an incredibly
rich, deep, and varied game experience. And because on replays puzzles are re-generated randomly, the game will always be fresh!

COMPELLING SETTING
The Victorian theme, Gothic setting, and engaging characters make Helsing's Fire one of the most appealing story-oriented puzzle games released. Add to that the distinct minimalist style of the character portraits, the incredible dynamic lighting of the shadows cast by your moving torch, and an original soundtrack, and it's clear that Helsing's Fire presents an epic experience. Designed just for the iPhone, this is high-quality mobile gaming at its finest.

MULTIPLE MODES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
As if the 120 distinct levels weren't enough, Helsing's Fire also comes with additional Endless Survival and Online Bounty modes, for the bravest of the brave! And when you've stood against the horde as long as you can, you can post your scores on the fully-integrated Crystal leaderboards, earning achievements for your accomplishments and claiming bragging rights from your friends.

Dracula must be stopped. Raffton, take the tonics: it's time to head into the Blight!

---

Find out more, first!

www.facebook.com/chillingo
www.twitter.com/chillingo
www.youtube.com/user/chillingo

goiMot's comments:

iPhone version:
12-14-2010, 09:18 PM
I've been playing this at 2x. Are the graphics or mechanics worth the double dip?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

12-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm weak. Since this is one of my fave games I'm gonna get it again anyway.
12-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I'm weak. Since this is one of my fave games I'm gonna get it again anyway.
Same, just bought it.
12-14-2010, 09:27 PM
I bought this as soon as I saw it was available. I've played for about 30 minutes now. Gameplay mechanics are the same as the iPhone version, which means it plays great, but for those with the iPhone version, I've not come across anything new, however I've only cleared the first area so far and I didn't play much of the iPhone version, so I'm not sure this is a completely fair assessment. It's got Crystal and Game Center. The HD version appears to have the same game types as the iPhone version; Campaign, Endless (unlocked after completing the first area of the campaign), and Bounties. It looks great in HD. To me, it was well worth the upgrade because I don't like playing anything in 2X mode. I'm sure there is much that I have not yet discovered, as I've got several more areas yet to play.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-14-2010, 09:43 PM
:/ I can't decide to buy or not to buy. If theres no new content....

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
12-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
:/ I can't decide to buy or not to buy. If theres no new content....
Well the positive is that it is only $1.99. I am not sure what if anything is new as the iPhone version looked and played well on the iPad in 2x mode.

I am seeing a lot of games go to HD and it is really hard to tell what is different.
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Well the positive is that it is only $1.99. I am not sure what if anything is new as the iPhone version looked and played well on the iPad in 2x mode.

I am seeing a lot of games go to HD and it is really hard to tell what is different.
I've heard so many stories of Apple forcing devs to make it Universal rather than releasing two seperate versions - I wish they'd enforce that unless there really is a huge difference.... Thanks, I'm gonna go try it out in 2x mode and see how I feel about the extra 1.99 then!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
12-14-2010, 10:20 PM
I am just saving because of all the $5 - $7 apps recently that am going to purchase. I'm trying to be a bit frugal.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
12-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I say support the devs and buy it. The game is awesome and I, for one, want to see more from them.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL