• Publisher: Telltale Inc
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 357.2 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: COMPLETE THE SAGA - THE ENTIRE SERIES IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Start your adventure!

TouchArcade's Best iPad Games 2010!
PC Gamer Game of the Year!
IGN's Best of E3!
Adventure Gamers Game of the Year!

"Rich in humor, character, puzzles, and reverence to its forerunners, this is the ultimate adventure game for Monkey Island fans." -TouchArcade
"Confident continuation of the franchise..." -PocketGamer
"Looks great and sounds even better; good puzzle variety; witty dialogue" -SlideToPlay

EPISODE 1: LAUNCH OF THE SCREAMING NARWHAL
While stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with his arch-fiend's voodoo. Guybrush must stop a mysterious pox thats transforming buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters!

* First part of a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds
* Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters
* Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous

Useful control tips:
* Two-finger touch to view selectable items on screen
* Double-tap to skip dialog

MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES:

Walking Dead: The Game
Back to the Future
Puzzle Agent
Sam & Max: The Penal Zone
Wallace & Gromit The Last Resort

Gift this App: Click the arrow next to Buy App on the iTunes® App Store.

Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at
TelltaleGames.com
facebook.com/TelltaleGames
twitter.com/TelltaleGames
youtube.com/TelltaleGames

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

IGN Best of E3! Adventure Gamers Game of the Year!

Prepare yourself for a thrilling adventure in this all-time great series.

While stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with his arch-fiend's voodoo. Guybrush must stop a mysterious pox that’s transforming buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters!

* First of a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds

* Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters

* Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous
__________________________________________________ _______

Useful control tips:
* Two-finger touch to view selectable items on screen
* Double-tap to skip dialog
12-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Nice surprise...but performance? Hopefully TT have cracked it by now. Also bought all episodes in a bundle for ps3 when it was on sale a while back.

12-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Last i checked they still hadnt fixed sam n max episode 1 so i dont see how this will be any better.

Still annoyed i paid £6 for a game i cant play.
12-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Where's the rest episodes of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse?

iPad: First generation without wings.
12-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Telltale really needs to optimize/update its existing iOS titles (Sam and Max, Wallace and Grommitt) first before I'll buy from them again.
12-15-2010, 05:25 AM
I'm not a huge adventure fan but this is pretty good. Sam & Max is pretty good as well.
12-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Someone news site said this was for iPhone too. It's a shame it's not.
12-15-2010, 01:23 PM
This is better than Wallace and Gromit, which is better than Sam and Max. Hopefully they'll now release the rest of the other series since they seem to have learned how to make them work on the iPad.
12-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caipa View Post
This is better than Wallace and Gromit, which is better than Sam and Max. Hopefully they'll now release the rest of the other series since they seem to have learned how to make them work on the iPad.
Telltalegames on Twitter:
Tales of Monkey Island - Episode 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal is now on iPad! Episodes 2-5 are coming soon! http://bit.ly/gGrR1R

and they replied to my message saying that episodes 2-5 are going to be released as separate apps.
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimcfly View Post
Someone news site said this was for iPhone too. It's a shame it's not.
To be fair, the app description does say universal on it.

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh