★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take control of the armies of England, and crush the opposing viking tribes in this exciting fantasy strategy game!

"...developers have crafted a very fun, simple to use, strategy game"

"fun, polished and pretty"

"Well designed and easy to play"

STORY-DRIVEN WAR CAMPAIGN

Guided by the dubious Grand Marshal Chargondy, you set out to lead your armies from one battlefield to another across enemy territory, ultimately mounting an assault on the viking capital.

VARIETY OF SKIRMISH SCENARIOS

Pick one of the wide selection of skirmish maps, and test your strategy as a British or Viking commander. You can even play against your friend on the same iPad!

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

For even more challenge, go online and play a match against another people on the net. Games are ranked and best ones make it to the leaderboard.

FEATURING

* Polished turn based strategy gameplay

* British and Viking armies

* Allied races: dwarves, goblins and monsters!

* Story driven war campaign

* Variety of skirmish maps

* 17 unique units

* Full manual and help features

... a war is at hand, and great fortune awaits those who prevail!
12-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Availability on european Appstore?

Actually seems this app isn't available at my iTunes Appstore (I'm italian btw), any chances to see this interesting game here in EU? Maybe it's a matter of time zones until the real availability...?

PSN ID: Jools_75
Xbox360 Live, OpenFeint ID: Jools ITA
GameCenter, Plus+, Crystal ID: JoolsITA
(Hard of hearing person, so plz no vocal chat, just happy to have friends ^^)

12-15-2010, 07:46 AM
screenshots have my attention. hope to see a video to see what this is about.

not seeing in the US store either though.
12-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Looks like a fun tactical turn based strategy game. Nice that it has campaign, skirmish and online modes.
12-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Viking Lords is in the US App store now.

Last edited by Marcus70; 12-16-2010 at 04:26 PM.
12-17-2010, 03:16 AM
This is a BattleLore clone

Just downloaded this. It's pretty much a clone of the Richard Borg board game known as BattleLore. BattleLore uses the Commands & Colors rules system that features card driven commands of troops on the battlefield. The only thing it doesn't seem to have from BattleLore is the lore cards and lore masters, which are basically a deck of special cards that add more surprise and luck to the mix of planned tactics.

My observation so far is that this is very well done app. Has an online realtime mode, which I have not yet used. Gotta put in my vote for the addition of asynchronous. Still, this is looking to be a great game.

Last edited by blindspot; 12-17-2010 at 11:10 PM.
12-17-2010, 03:29 AM
A very good game, both for concept and graphics. Another top score for me, another app that confirms the statement which says: ipad is a great platform for boardgames! ^^

PSN ID: Jools_75
Xbox360 Live, OpenFeint ID: Jools ITA
GameCenter, Plus+, Crystal ID: JoolsITA
(Hard of hearing person, so plz no vocal chat, just happy to have friends ^^)
12-17-2010, 06:35 AM
well I have Memoir 44 and then got Battlelore but never opened it..gave it away as a wedding gift. But always intended to play it. My friend has Command and Colors Ancient and almost played that once. Definitely getting this game as it looks right up my alley since I know how to play Memoir 44.

Last edited by mrbass; 12-17-2010 at 06:38 AM.
12-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the impressions. I read up on Battelore to get a better understanding of this game. Can someone please post a video of the battle sequences?
12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Pretty slick adaptation of Borg's Command and Colors system to the ipad. Like a previous poster said it is pretty much Battlelore minus the warcouncil and magic.

Nicely polished, including decent voice acting for the pre/post battle briefing.

One thing it does need is an undo button because it is pretty easy to click right past the attack step for example. Also there is no way to preview the cards, once you select it it is the card you are using as far as I can tell. To be fair its not that big of an issue because most of the cards are obvious from thier title (i.e. Any 2) but the special cards like Berserk arent obvious and also not a big deal after you know the cards.

It's hard to judge how good the ai is because you dont know what cards they hold, but it seems adequate after 6 or 7 games. They have been pretty easy victories but I am playing on the easier difficulty and have alot of experience with this system.

Very nice game for the price.