Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Developer

Send a message via MSN to Thomas Lund Send a message via Yahoo to Thomas Lund Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas Lund

So how is the AI in the game?

And isnt the Battlelore/Memoir44 system patented?

/Thomas
Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Lund View Post
So how is the AI in the game?

And isnt the Battlelore/Memoir44 system patented?

/Thomas
I have played through the campaign on Easy and found the AI to be predicatable and easily defeated - I am definitely hoping for more of a challenge when I replay it on Hard!

Regarding your 2nd question - no, it is not patented. It is not possible to patent an idea or 'game mechanic'. Whilst I would love to play an official C&C game on the iPad (Memoir 44 especially would be amazing!) having this 'clone' version is better than nothing.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Developer

Send a message via MSN to Thomas Lund Send a message via Yahoo to Thomas Lund Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas Lund

Right - different legislative things in different countries.

To be honest this looks like a complete rip-off/clone of the game. Not only borrowing a single game mechanics, but taking the entire game and just changing the theme. From command cards, the way victory is counted, the flag bearers, most likely unit types also. Very little innovation by the developers except copy/paste.

Personally I have moral issues with that. But might just be me. Sorry for being negative

/Thomas

Last edited by Thomas Lund; 12-23-2010 at 09:36 AM..
Old 12-23-2010, 10:22 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Lund View Post
Right - different legislative things in different countries.

To be honest this looks like a complete rip-off/clone of the game. Not only borrowing a single game mechanics, but taking the entire game and just changing the theme. From command cards, the way victory is counted, the flag bearers, most likely unit types also. Very little innovation by the developers except copy/paste.

Personally I have moral issues with that. But might just be me. Sorry for being negative

/Thomas
Welcome to the real world! It is a complete rip-off of the C&C game system. If you have a problem with that, the simple answer is: don't buy. If a properly licensed version of Memoir 44/Battlelore/any C&C game were released for iOS I would buy it immediately - but since those developers have been caught napping and Viking Lords is the only option it will fill the gap quite nicely for the time being.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:27 PM

Obligatory quote from Pablo Picasso: "Bad artists copy. Great artists steal."

Anyway, picked up the game, and please, for the love of god, give me an undo button for non randomized events like movement or picking a command card. I can understand stopping undo after you've already made an attack, but even though it doesn't happen very often, accidentally brushing the wrong card with your finger offers frustration that isn't necessary. I'd also love to see some sort of indication of range/LOS for distance weapons as each unit is moving -> sometimes LOS and range is tricky to tell ahead of time.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsthompson View Post
Anyway, picked up the game, and please, for the love of god, give me an undo button for non randomized events like movement or picking a command card. I can understand stopping undo after you've already made an attack, but even though it doesn't happen very often, accidentally brushing the wrong card with your finger offers frustration that isn't necessary. I'd also love to see some sort of indication of range/LOS for distance weapons as each unit is moving -> sometimes LOS and range is tricky to tell ahead of time.
Yeah, an undo function would not go amiss!
There is a button that makes the grid more pronounced which helps with determining range, etc.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:52 PM

Is there any hope of Viking Lords coming out for the iPhone?

richmlow
Old 01-13-2011, 07:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmlow View Post
Is there any hope of Viking Lords coming out for the iPhone?

richmlow
Quote taken from the developer's forum regarding a possible iphone port:

"We are investigating this possibility. It depends mostly on UI, there is no point releasing iPhone version if it does not offer excellent UI."
Old 03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

This is an absolutely fantastic medieval strategy game. Definitely a must have for iPad owning strategy enthusiasts. There's a campaign mode, skirmish mode (you can even have a pass-n-play match with a friend), and heck there's even online multiplayer. According to the app there are over 100 players online too.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

According to their website forum, they have a patch in review, that will be adding a few extra skirmish maps.