Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey (by Mark Smith)

Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hey I'm the co-founder of Bacon Bandit Games, the developer of Spell Quest: Grimm's Journey. I hope everyone enjoys the game, and I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have. Cheers!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codebandit View Post
Hey I'm the co-founder of Bacon Bandit Games, the developer of Spell Quest: Grimm's Journey. I hope everyone enjoys the game, and I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have. Cheers!
Hi codebandit. Your game is really, really well done. I can see this one being a huge hit for you. I'll be buying the gem doubler, but I don't feel as though I "have" to have it
This is one of those games that will be staying on my device. The game is very polished and has taken me by surprise by just how well it plays and how fun it is. When I first saw this thread earlier I was like "meh" , but now I'm very "WOW!" That's it for now as I've just started playing but I'm sure I'll be back to this thread.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:42 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Hi codebandit. Your game is really, really well done. I can see this one being a huge hit for you. I'll be buying the gem doubler, but I don't feel as though I "have" to have it
This is one of those games that will be staying on my device. The game is very polished and has taken me by surprise by just how well it plays and how fun it is. When I first saw this thread earlier I was like "meh" , but now I'm very "WOW!" That's it for now as I've just started playing but I'm sure I'll be back to this thread.

I totally second that. Game is absolutely fun and after a few stages, there's no paywall to be seen. I'll get that doubler today, too.

PS: love your name. Especially the "bacon" in it. But you'll be stone dead if you try stealing my bacon.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Yep, rich's comments are spot on. Tried the web demo and I went from "hey, this looks...okay" to "bloody hell, I need to download this now". Hope this does fantastic for you.

Kudos for releasing on iOS and Android simultaneously too.

EDIT: Damnit, no Note 3 support right now? Any chance that'll be fixed?

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-05-2014 at 12:55 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 02:00 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Cool game, but it crashes frequently on my 4th gen iPod.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game! I'd love to hear any more feedback you've got after you've had a chance to play some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I totally second that. Game is absolutely fun and after a few stages, there's no paywall to be seen. I'll get that doubler today, too.

PS: love your name. Especially the "bacon" in it. But you'll be stone dead if you try stealing my bacon.
There shouldn't be any paywall in the game. The only IAP we have is the gem doubler and a few gem packs. We tried to make the game well balanced so that the IAP is truly optional. We also made the gem doubler toggleable after purchase in case you buy it and then find the game too easy.

And don't worry, we would never actually steal anyone's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yep, rich's comments are spot on. Tried the web demo and I went from "hey, this looks...okay" to "bloody hell, I need to download this now". Hope this does fantastic for you.

Kudos for releasing on iOS and Android simultaneously too.

EDIT: Damnit, no Note 3 support right now? Any chance that'll be fixed?
Happy to hear that you like the game!

As for Note 3 support, what country's Google Play store are you logged in to? It could be one of two issues we're currently having - the Android version is only available in the US and Canada at the moment due to the complexity of taxes in the Google Play store. It's something we're looking into, but we need to hire an accountant to make sure everything is handled correctly.

If you're in the US or Canada and it's still not working, it is likely due to an undocumented issue in the Google Play store, where apps over a certain size won't work on certain devices due to cache memory limitations. We only recently found out about this. We're trying to reduce the app size and see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahkanTaka View Post
Cool game, but it crashes frequently on my 4th gen iPod.
Would you mind sharing where you're seeing these crashes and what is happening? Does it exit right out of the game or does it display an error in the game itself? Is it during the menus, during battle, or during loading?

I'll try to borrow a 4th Gen iPod from a friend tomorrow and see if I can get to the bottom of the crashes. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:52 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by codebandit View Post
Would you mind sharing where you're seeing these crashes and what is happening? Does it exit right out of the game or does it display an error in the game itself? Is it during the menus, during battle, or during loading?
The crashes so far are only happening on loading screens. The screen goes black for a few seconds then crashes to the home screen.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahkanTaka View Post
The crashes so far are only happening on loading screens. The screen goes black for a few seconds then crashes to the home screen.
Thank you for the info. That's almost certainly crashing due to running out of memory. There's several things I can do to reduce the memory usage a bit. I'll do a bunch of testing once I have access to an iPod and hopefully get this fixed up!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

So...many...upgrades... This is heaven.

Any chance we can get icloud support?