★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: oeFun, Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 104.4 MB
  • Version: 3.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Pew pew pew RETRO STYLE!
Shoot enemies, survive, gain lives and achieve the highest scores possible all in an old school vector style game.

START!
Control the TriBlaster in an unknown dimension and bring down your foes
The goal is to survive and achieve high scores.

LEVEL COMPLETE!
Retro-games were never easy, and this ain't changing. Go go go! There are 100 levels waiting for you!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
Completing levels isn't enough when you're a hardcore player, and what you need is more challenge, right?
Some of them achievements are hard to find.

GAME OVER!
The good old "Game Over" screen, can't live without it.

Features:
- 60 fps on latest devices... the smoother the better!
- Beam weapon based on how many resources you gather
- Jump back in space to avoid enemies
- 100 levels
- Game Center achievements & Leaderboards

iandunlop_oeFun's comments:
Hi, developer here. TriBlaster3 is now available. It's available as a FREE update if you previously purchased TriBlaster. Thanks!

09-22-2015, 05:17 PM
I wanted to redownload one of my best skilled action games...nope! I won't be able for a few weeks/months more, because this update requires ios 9!
(I'll never update too fast again)

While i mastered (and loved) the old controls, the sentence in your description made me very, very curious:
"Updated gameplay mechanics, requires more skill to play"

09-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
I wanted to redownload one of my best skilled action games...nope! I won't be able for a few weeks/months more, because this update requires ios 9!
(I'll never update too fast again)

While i mastered (and loved) the old controls, the sentence in your description made me very, very curious:
"Updated gameplay mechanics, requires more skill to play"
The shot speed was lowered quite a bit. In addition there is 'shot speed power up' that you can gain that gives you a much faster firing rate for a bit.
09-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Will Not Play Games with Energy Systems
It still says just triblaster. Also have you added better or atleast different on screen controls? When I had it on my android device I have a hard time with it.

Billy
09-22-2015, 08:27 PM
Requires iOS 9. My iPhone 6 runs 9. I had to revert back to 8.4 on my iPad 4, due to performance issues. It could be I wasn't giving it enough time to index properly. I didn't want to miss the chance to rollback to 8.4 while it was still being signed.

Why does this game require 9?

By the way - Can we make some feature requests or is this the final version?

Last edited by escapedturkey; 09-22-2015 at 08:36 PM.
09-23-2015, 03:58 AM
It doesn't appear to save my top scores locally or on GC. Is this an iOS 9 issue?

IPad Air, iOS 9.0.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 09-23-2015 at 04:02 AM.
09-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
It still says just triblaster. Also have you added better or atleast different on screen controls? When I had it on my android device I have a hard time with it.

Billy
Hi Billy, I answered your question regarding the controls over on the upcoming thread. On the App Store is will say just TriBlaster. However, on the app icon it will say TriBlaster3 and the game title screen also says TriBlaster3.
09-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedturkey View Post
Requires iOS 9. My iPhone 6 runs 9. I had to revert back to 8.4 on my iPad 4, due to performance issues. It could be I wasn't giving it enough time to index properly. I didn't want to miss the chance to rollback to 8.4 while it was still being signed.

Why does this game require 9?

By the way - Can we make some feature requests or is this the final version?
Sorry that iOS 9 is a problem for you.

Supporting multiple iOS versions and testing different devices with those iOS versions is costly. This game has never made any profit; it's a niche game and was made because I wanted to make it. Additionally as an indie developer I don't have a lot of resources (money) to throw at this so I make certain choices to alleviate that burden; hence iOS 9 only.

This is not the final version, so yes, I'd like to hear what features you'd like to see.
09-23-2015, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It doesn't appear to save my top scores locally or on GC. Is this an iOS 9 issue?

IPad Air, iOS 9.0.
Yes, there seems to be a problem with game center. I had setup a new leaderboard so as to not mix the original TriBlaster scores with TriBlaster3. However, that doesn't seem to have been published (gone live); I can only see the original leaderboard...

I'm investigating this and will post here when I know more. Thanks.
09-23-2015, 11:32 AM
I guess I'll upgrade to iOS 9 when I read about more iPad 4's performing well or I'll wait until 9.1.

Just two feature requests:

MFi game controller support
iCloud Saves

I love the game! You totally brought back my Tempest arcade childhood memores to life. Thanks you!