★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Undecided on iFishing

10-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Undecided on iFishing

Sorry that I did not use the original thread, but since there are more than a 100 replies, no one would notice this. I have looked at iFishing and it looks really fun, great graphics, nice UI, neat gameplay etc. However I do not fish so I don't know if I want to spend $3 on this or get a $1 one thats not as good. Should I get this, and if not, what is a comparable 99 cent one. Thanks so much!
10-26-2008, 08:05 PM
It's good but it still needs a lot of bug fixes, like the crashes and stuff.

Otherwise it's awesome.

10-26-2008, 08:19 PM
thank you!
10-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Igishing needs work but you get ur 3 $$ worth
10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armbruster View Post
It's good but it still needs a lot of bug fixes, like the crashes and stuff.

Otherwise it's awesome.
I agree. While it is for the money, the best fishing game, IMO. It does have some issues with it. Namely like arm said, memory issues and crashes
10-26-2008, 09:20 PM
mmmmmm...I've been looking for a real-life fishing simulator for a long time. I mean, the thought of having to find and hook my own worm seems rather bland by comparison. I wish more people would follow iFishin's lead and make some other "exciting" apps like "iWalkMyDog" or "iAmCouchPotatoe"...The possibilities are endless...
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I have been very confused reading about IFishing, thinking "isn't this the game that ILounge graded an F and said was worse than demo-grade software?".
But I've just clicked. That was IFish. This is IFishing.
(deletes IFish, buys IFishing)
10-27-2008, 02:20 AM
DEFINITELY buy iFishing! I am not a fisherman either, and thanks to the developers online guide (which doesn't take long to read) I am doing very well in the tournaments and really enjoy the game!
For more info on it, visit the official site here, where you can see screenshots and view a video, and you can also read the online guide here, which you do need to read to fully understand the strategies involved, like where to find certain types of fish and what lure to use for each. It is very novice-friendly.
[EDIT] To give you an idea, I have just spent the longest 2 minutes of my life attempting to catch a 50lb pike in the last few minutes of a tournament. It was a tough long fight, which I normally end up breaking the line on. But I kept my cool and kept the line tension down as much as possible. In the end the pike must have started tiring, and I finally caught him, taking my overall weight (3 fish) to over 120lb, which won me the tournament. It can be a very exciting game, and certainly the best fishing game I have yet played. I love it.

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 10-27-2008 at 04:54 AM.