• Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 93.2 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (8)
App description: "iPad Game of the Year" - TouchArcade
"iPad Game of the Year" - MetaCritic

IMPORTANT: This is a big game and requires either an iPad, or iPhone 3GS or newer, or a 3rd gen iPod Touch or newer. It must be downloaded over a Wi-Fi connection.

Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

This is the FULL award winning game, now on iPad. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.

Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.

World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.

The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you.

World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent!

Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally.

Congratulations, and good luck!

Awards and recognition for World of Goo:
* Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
* Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards
* Best Design -Independent Games Festival
* Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival
* Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards
* Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun
* Game of the Year -GameTunnel
* Wii Game of the Year -IGN
* Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN
* Best New IP Wii -IGN
* Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN
* Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

TA Preview : http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/08/world-of-goo-preview/

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/15/wo...r-ipad-review/
01-16-2011, 01:51 PM

Last edited by mikeg123; 01-17-2011 at 08:36 PM.
01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
Err, look at who you responded to in the first place... Yeah, that's right, not me! And it is funny that the person who did respond to you only said to take a look at the awards the game has won. What the hell is so fanboy about that?
Both Superman and Wolf were respectful and simply disagree with my assessment. In fact, I value Superman's opinion enough that I've made many purchases just based on it. I've no problem with either of them or what they posted.

I like the respect and exchanges in this community and think that's one of the things that's great about the TA forums.

Nothing from you has been helpful, and I do not plan on responding to you again, as there is nothing of value to either the discussion of the game in doing so; nor is this discourse going to be beneficial to the community.

01-16-2011, 03:31 PM

Last edited by mikeg123; 01-17-2011 at 08:32 PM.
01-17-2011, 01:01 AM
This game is addicting! The dragging isn't much of a bother anymore... The game music is so soothing as well. I'm glad I bought the game--worth the sale price. I think I would have paid the full price if I knew it was that awesome.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
01-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm stuck on "Leap Hole" in chapter 2. Any hints/clues?

EDIT: Never mind. Just figured it out..

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

Last edited by 5duc29; 01-19-2011 at 12:55 AM.
02-02-2011, 03:16 PM
What's New in Version 1.2
Quote:
* allow players to skip levels (unlimited number of skips)
* fixed issue with clouds occasionally not showing up in world of goo corporation
* more efficient memory management (resolves some rare crash bugs)
* workaround for ipads with invalid region format
* added HD to the name
02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Cool. Guess I'll go check my app store to see if the update comes up. Skip levels is good.
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
The new update definitely hints at an iPhone version in the near future.
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
bubble - I agree, I think you're on the right track. And I think with the amount of work they'll need to do to make an iPhone version, double dipping would be more than fair. If they can successfully make this work on the iPhone, I'll be thrilled.

Nothing showing on the app store.

That said, I'm in no need for an update, but am proud that 2d boy is working very hard to keep this game perfect.

Even though I don't play it as much as I should, it is one of my favorite games of all time.

***edit: update is showing now. Figures it would happen 5 minutes after I post.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 02-02-2011 at 04:37 PM.
02-09-2011, 11:45 PM
On sale now for 99 cents!!

Last edited by NRunner; 02-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.