★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.8 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Summoned from the dead by Zeus, shape shift into various beasts and fight off hordes of demons to rescue Athena.

Transform into a variety of beasts and fight off throngs of demons to rescue his daughter Athena from the evil Neff. The mighty shape shifting god, Neff, will challenge you in various hideous forms in each Boss level, but you are armed to the teeth with transformative tricks of your own!

Collect three Spirit Balls to power up and transform into a new Altered Beast in each round: Werewolf, Weredragon, Werebear, Weretiger and a Golden Werewolf.

Battle five bosses and 17 demon types with kicks and punches while in human form, and special Altered Beast attacks once you shape shift.

Use Bluetooth Peer-to-Peer Multiplayer to team up with a friend to take Neff down (Bluetooth required available only for devices above iPhone 4 and iPad 1)!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

12-15-2010, 06:14 AM
omg, no FRICKEN WAY!

I used to play this on the sega machine all the time!

I like my milk with some cereal.
Game Center; STARDUSTGD add me please..
Originally Posted by pgboy View Post
I know this is stupid but I just hit 500 posts! Post the amount of posts you have here!
Originally Posted by kijib View Post

12-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Leave it to Sega to release another helping of ho hum. And they have the audacity to charge 3 dollars for it. God bless 'em.
12-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Actually, I have. I loved it back on the Genesis. I wanted the bundle, but I was happy with my Sonic bundle. But Sega never really does these games proud on the iDevice. That's where my comments originate from: Sega's lack of polish.
12-15-2010, 07:17 AM
This is the Genesis/Megadrive version, not the arcade version?

I'll wait for the arcade version.

I spent to much money on this and Wonderboy in Monsterland at coin-op machines. Never felt that the console ports lived up to the originals, and since they were better, I do not understand why Sega is releasing the lesser versions instead.

Also, I think I would rather have a portrait mode with the virtual controls at the bottom so my fingers wouldn't obscure the action.

Last edited by eobet; 12-15-2010 at 07:20 AM.
12-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Where is my Shining Force 2, Sega? I can't imagine action games working decently on this emulator, but TB ones do.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
12-15-2010, 03:13 PM
sorry guys,
do you know if you can listen to ipod music while playing?

@SEGA : please give us Shinobi!! that will be a blast!!
12-15-2010, 03:16 PM
sorry, but most of the sega games I've been playing on the iPhone just haven't aged well.

I wish they'd consider porting some of their Sega saturn titles.

Nights into Dreams would be PERFECT for the iphone
12-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Why can't we get the original arcade versions of these games? Is it really that much harder to emulate than the megadrive versions?

The arcade versions have held up much better than the megadrive.
12-16-2010, 08:41 AM

If you like old fashioned games , this is sweet. But if your looking for graphics , go to infinity blade. This game is awesome and fun!!