★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Manomio LLC
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Test your skill with this retro adventure game; easy to pick up but challenging master. In this first of many episodes, avoid nasty traps and slay creepy creatures to make your way to the riches for fame and glory. Beware though, as your final challenge you must defeat a fearsome protecter standing between you and your ultimate goal.

Inspired by games like the C64 classic Hunchback and Pitfall! and with game play perfectly suited to a touch screen, One Button Bob is sure not to disappoint!

OpenFeint support and lots of achievements add plenty of replay value!
12-15-2010, 12:24 PM
For some reason the first game I thought of after seeing the screenshot was Whistler's Brother...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

12-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Played the flash version of this a while ago. It's a fun game!
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
looks great i put it on my list
12-19-2010, 11:21 AM
I've been wanting this game on my iPhone soooooo bad! Insta-buy. Impressions coming.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
01-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Hope you have fun! We've got more episodes in the works too!

Cheers,

Stu

manomio.com | in retro we trust!
01-02-2011, 01:25 PM
This has potential, but the name, "One Button Bob" makes me think it's a running game ("one button" to jump) which would put me off. Not that I don't trust Manomio to make good stuff, but without a gameplay description it's hard to gauge. Anyone have any impressions?

Also, I loved Whistler's Brother!

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
01-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
This has potential, but the name, "One Button Bob" makes me think it's a running game ("one button" to jump) which would put me off. Not that I don't trust Manomio to make good stuff, but without a gameplay description it's hard to gauge. Anyone have any impressions?

Also, I loved Whistler's Brother!
Like I said earlier, it's a PORT. Play the Flash version and then decide. But it's not an endless runner. It's a strategy game where you have to figure out how to get through each level with the fewest moves. And it's very good.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
01-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Like I said earlier, it's a PORT. Play the Flash version and then decide. But it's not an endless runner. It's a strategy game where you have to figure out how to get through each level with the fewest moves. And it's very good.
Okay, just did. I found it entertainnig for a few minutes -- it's a bit of a different sort of game -- but ultimately it didn't thrill me. I understand what the original dev was going for in the game, but it just isn't something I could be bothered with for more than about 5 minutes. Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather have a more traditional platformer where I have full control over the character rather than controlling just one aspect of him -- even if that aspect changes from screen to screen.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko