★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Payback or Lets golf

View Poll Results: what game should i buy
Payback 15 33.33%
Lets golf 30 66.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll
03-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Payback or Lets golf

I know everyone hates these threads and that i should do my research and there is a search button, but i would like to get the opinion of people who have played both and the pros and cons of each and which one you suggest i buy.
03-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Hmm, well they're both different games. I've played both and personally, I like Let's Golf more because I like the gameplay and the sports theme. The arcade golf feel is another.

With Payback, it's not really not my cup of tea because its just not my kind of game. There is a lite version which I suggest you try. From what I've heard, it's not for everyone, and you can easily find out with the lite version.

03-22-2009, 01:03 AM
what the replayability value of lets golf? that my only concern otherwise i would buy it right now
03-22-2009, 01:04 AM
I'd go with Payback, but I don't like sports games so I guess I'm not the best source... Albie put it best.

First game in progress...
03-22-2009, 01:05 AM
i voted for payback. yah do give the lite version a try. it represents the full version rather nicely this one.
03-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie32155 View Post
what the replayability value of lets golf? that my only concern otherwise i would buy it right now
Let's Golf has 63 holes and part of the replayability comes in the gear that you can win. And, you do have 4 characters each with their own strengths/weaknesses that you can customize. It will definitely keep you busy for a while.

Like I said, try out the lite version of Payback, and that will help in your decision.
03-22-2009, 01:43 AM
I voted for Let's Golf and it's not based on the gameplay value, since either game could be the most fun for different people.

My criticism of Payback was, at least to me, the poor controls. I just could not get the hang of it for the life of me... well, at least my character because he kept dying...

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
03-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Let's Golf has 63 holes and part of the replayability comes in the gear that you can win. And, you do have 4 characters each with their own strengths/weaknesses that you can customize. It will definitely keep you busy for a while.

Like I said, try out the lite version of Payback, and that will help in your decision.
how do you only have 63 holes. i thought there were 4 courses

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
03-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Been toying with the idea of getting payback, or zen bound.

I played the payback lite version, and I liked it, but I can't decide, can any of you reccomend the game to me?
03-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
A golf game is a golf game. You've got one hole, you've got them all. You might be able to customize your character, but I wouldn't say that adds huge replay value.

Payback, well, I haven't completed the game either. But again, you've run one guy over with a sports car, you've run them all down with a sports car.

Overall, I'd say Payback, because it's open world and it's got a fair amount of room you can play with. Cheereo.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.