Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-15-2010, 08:47 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
lol
its in there
Any word on why the menus and loading screens are appearing iPhone sized?

It's interesting cause it's displaying the iPhone version of the loading screen, not just a scaled iPad version.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
Any word on why the menus and loading screens are appearing iPhone sized?

It's interesting cause it's displaying the iPhone version of the loading screen, not just a scaled iPad version.
Yes its not a bug, thats just the way it is.
We will work on the iPad version more in the next few weeks - its a ton of work to move all of those things around. It is playable though for now.
We need to figure out how we can 'maximize' all of those menus - maybe put more than one up at the same time, since we have all of that real estate.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
We will work on the iPad version more in the next few weeks - its a ton of work to move all of those things around. It is playable though for now.
We need to figure out how we can 'maximize' all of those menus - maybe put more than one up at the same time, since we have all of that real estate.
Very playable.

A suggestion for the menus, maybe do quarter or half screen menus. A bar at the top has choices, and you click or drag which side it should open on, so you can see skills and stats at the same time, or any combination you wanted.

I'm not a developer or artist or anything, so i don't know if it applies to your game, but if you've heard of fullforce for jail broken devices, it maximizes iPhone resources for you, depending on how they're made. I'm pretty sure gameloft uses similar tech for their hd versions, so maybe you can look into how that works.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:04 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
My main request was going to be in reference to the menus on iPad. I have a suggestion that might make it better:

Instead of worrying about upscaling the menu, simply stop it from going to a black screen with the menu in the middle, it'd look much nicer if the menu popped up on screen above the action. In some ways a partial menu would be less jarring than switching from action to a fullscreen menu. And maybe the placement of the pop up menu could be customised, or at least defaulted to near the right so it's closer to where the players' hand is.

I'd recommend you upscale the loading screen though, and as someone else requested, please add in custom volume controls for bgm and sfx.

Finally, please make the options accessible without quitting out of the game.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 PM

Add were I can own a home... That would be awesome.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Make it so you don't have to Retarget when turned around. Also sunberries don't disappear when you pick them...dead monsters should disappear after a certain amount of time. Oh and it's NOT tap to attack like you said Josh. It's tap to target. I still have to press the attack button repeatedly. You could do swipe controls where you use your left thumb to hold the screen in place and your right thumb to swipe in the direction you wish to attack or just tap on the monster to normal attack. That would be very playable and would fix the camera issue you brought up earlier

Support rotation of the screen.

When dual wielding and secondary weapon is on hip, character still reaches for it on his back.

Customizable button placement

When you double tap to move in 3rd person view and the character is in motion, if you turn the camera he stops moving
Ability to look all the way up in 3rd person view

Different color font if item in inventory has better stats than currently equipped item of the same slot.

Auto equip?

Last edited by YouSuckDude; 12-16-2010 at 01:24 AM..
Old 12-15-2010, 11:26 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Fantastic game, but it bugs me that after I completely loot something the looting window doesn't close. Also, I would love the option to choose to strafe or turn when dragging the pad to the left or right. Or heck, just make it an option to move forward/back with the pad, and turning is done with swiping.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Fantastic game, but it bugs me that after I completely loot something the looting window doesn't close. Also, I would love the option to choose to strafe or turn when dragging the pad to the left or right. Or heck, just make it an option to move forward/back with the pad, and turning is done with swiping.
Agreed with the looting suggestion. I just can't shake the nagging feeling that this game is just unfinished! The tiny iPhone windows that pop up etc. Also, why can't I clear a quick slot? I by mistake added a second quick slot to my knife, and now I have two of them and can't clear one!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:10 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

A way over Bluetooth or wi-fi to transfer save files between the iPhone and the iPad, preferably automatically. This would really encourage me to spend my time mixed between both devices. It's relatively simple to set up locally over Bluetooth.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

My only suggestion for now would be to try not to let all of the suggestions overwhelm you. Work on the bugs first, and then organize the feature suggestions by priority.