★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BBC Worldwide
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 113.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: New Content Pack available - Angels in the Shadows & Level Creator

Face up to the most fearful monsters in the Doctor Who universe - the Weeping Angels in this brand new level pack. Also included is the new Level Creator. Create, play and share your own Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time levels.
---------------

For the first time on the iPad, enter the world of Doctor Who in a brand new action puzzle adventure!
An intrepid traveller through time and space and the last of the powerful Time Lords, the Doctor is armed only with his incredible intelligence and his sonic screwdriver. Join him and his human companion, Amy Pond, as they race to save an innocent family attacked by a rogue Dalek and hurtled into the depths of history. Your journey will take you from ancient Incan temples, to the frozen tombs of Telos and a stunning finale on a Dalek ship. Defeat your favourite enemies, solve devious puzzles, and restore peace throughout time!

Brain twisting puzzles over 100 in all!
Travel through time and space to seven unique locations
Increasingly complex environmental challenges to challenge your mind and reflexes
Play as both the Doctor and his companion, Amy Pond, utilising their unique skills and abilities to solve challenges
Features Daleks, Cybermen and Silurians each with unique behaviour that requires different strategies of stealth and subterfuge to complete levels
Authentic music from the show
Features Open Feint and Game Center achievements

Stay up to date on Doctor Who news:

Like us: http://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho

For any support queries please email games.support@bbc.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=76732
12-15-2010, 07:07 PM
It is out in French store, I'll celebrate this incredible release day by buying one not too cheap game. I'm quite tempted by this one, it is the cheaper. No more seriously I like the idea of an action puzzle game in iso format or perhaps 3D fake iso. And the 90's graphic style could gives it a charm.

12-15-2010, 08:30 PM
This isnt getting to the US store fast enough....cant wait, been excited for it since I first heard about it....now if they just port top trumps: Doctor Who to the ipad...id be thrilled.
12-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Would this be enjoyable for someone who is not familiar with Doctor Who but is a huge fan of puzzle games?
12-18-2010, 01:27 PM
12-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Would this be enjoyable for someone who is not familiar with Doctor Who but is a huge fan of puzzle games?
Mmm I tried it quickly and well I had to give up just because the first puzzle after the tutorial puzzled me. I'll try again and will provide some feedback if I succeed play it further.
12-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Mmm I tried it quickly and well I had to give up just because the first puzzle after the tutorial puzzled me. I'll try again and will provide some feedback if I succeed play it further.
Thanks, I look forward to reading your impressions.
12-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Thanks, I look forward to reading your impressions.
So I played it more, the first puzzle was that there was no puzzle, I finished the first episode and started the second. It's an adventure game with action puzzles, the part of action is very moderate. All puzzles are based on cooperation of both characters, obstacles, various switches, moving platforms, pikes, and moving mechanical units you have to dodge or lure, or use some special switch to immobilize them temporary. There's probably some more elements. The goals are to progress through another room, sometimes find a key to open a door or sometimes use a switch in one room to trigger something in another room.

The first episode is a bit too easy, but the second seems less basic and managing the mechanical units becomes more complicated.

The story itself progress slowly, probably too much to bring something to the mood, it's like if the story is too diluted among the puzzles.

The graphics are old school and there isn't many details, it's neither bad if you accept the style and amount of details, nor really good.

Overall not bad, managing the mechanical units has some fun, solve the problems other than those relative to mechanical units tend be not enough sophisticated. The game is ok, not boring with a bit of charm but not really good too. Only for fans of the series or for extreme fans of puzzles like I described. If I finish it I'll put here a more complete and possibly more fair feedback.
12-19-2010, 11:02 PM
I haven't really watched Doctor Who since the Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker years but even so, having some history with the show I grabbed this anyway, and it's not half bad. The graphics won't win any awards and the character movement is horribly stilted, reminiscent of a mid-90s game, but overall the gameplay is decent enough. It certainly lives up to its action puzzle game, with each level occurring in real-time, so you have to time moves and utilize him and Amy to get through each room without hitting spikes or enemies and collecting various things. The plotline is contrived as hell, but it's easy to ignore, and there's a certain degree of humour in the dialog between Amy and the Doctor -- though most of the dialog is pretty pedestrian and comic-bookish. Controls work fine.

Still, there are 100 levels which is pretty decent and helps make the price a little more palatable. Whether it would still be worth it if this weren't a Doctor Who game is debatable, but I think it probably would be; the license just makes it more attractive for fans of the show.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko