Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 AM

$1.99 /mo sounds reasonable for an game like this.

And i dont bother to pay every month a small amout of money for an epic MMO game that isnt full of extra IAP that give people advantages
Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
iPhone 5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDot View Post
Wilbair - Empire costs $1.99 /mo so we can offer our players a truly competitive online experience where no one can buy their way to victory.

Emos - Awesome, we're looking forward to folks playing the game too.
sounds fair to me, I can fall over and make $1.99. Hopefully the app itself is also $1.99 to download (includes first month), if it's free it will surely suffer the fate of children downloading it for free then leaving flaming one star tantrum reviews when they find out otherwise. If it's $1.99 they won't even download it to begin with and thus can't leave a review.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

A few questions to temper my hype,

1. Does this require iOS5?

2. Is it universal? (retina was mentioned in the title post, and a vague mention of universal)

3. Will there be any consumable iAP content? (at launch or in the future)
Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Glen - It's a free download so you're right we may get some flaming because people didn't read the description. Since our game is account based it's very portable so we didn't want to charge someone to download the game just because they're putting it on a new device.

We'll see though if it's a huge problem we'll look into addressing it in a future update.

Sapphire - No, Empire requires iOS 4.0 and higher. This is due to the subscription system. The game runs really well even on 2nd gen devices so long as they have 4.0

- We have have plans for an iPad native client. It will be a separate download but it will be free. Since the game is account based and using our own servers you'll be able to pick up and play your game from any device that has the game installed on it.

- We have no plans for IAP consumable content. In the future we may offer something so that people can run their own private game which may require a separate IAP purchase.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

I hope the iPad client will follow the main release soon, looking forward to playing the game.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default So....

this is OGame with graphics ([url]http://www.ogame.us/[/url]). I'm in.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM

The game looks interesting -- like some merger between starcraft and kingdom conquest. I have a few questions, if you don't mind answering:

1) In regard to development, is this game being treated more as an ever-developing project where new content will be regularly added? Or is it more on the side of a finished project that will be slowly tweaked to perfection?

2) Are there rewards? Is it simply a matter of moving up on a rankings list, gaining advantages in future games, or something more abstract?

3) If games take days/weeks, is there any concern about what effect the absentee player will have on results -- whether that allows for his neighbors to settle his "starting area" or go to war with someone who will be using default space battle rules?

4) How large are the games? How many players are in them? Can you play more than one at a time? If you die early on in one game, will there be other opportunities to play immediately?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

fatecreatr - Yes, it's similar to OGame but with no purchasing of dark matter and a more graphical interface, though honestly the first time I'd heard of OGame was when someone told us our game was kind of like OGame.

nosoup -

1 - We see the game as a living document that will grow and change over it's life. We've put a lot of work into ensuring that we have a fun, stable, and balanced release but we're sure it'll change over time and we already have a long list of additions we'd like to make from supporting additional clients (ipad native, android, etc..) to new in game technologies and win conditions. Recently one of our testers posted this comment in a discussion on our forums and it's the kind of experience we'd like to keep delivering even after launch -
"At times it has felt like we had personally ordered a dev team to create a game just for us the way we wanted it."

2 - Right now it's just rankings though we do have plans for additional rewards down the road. We'll go into more detail about those later but we'll be avoiding giving players any sort of power bonuses for winning since that would unbalance the game over all.

3 - I'm not sure I entirely understand the question but yes, if a player goes absentee they'll probably have their territory taken over. (though the game does have customizable options for sending you push notifications when various things happen.) The pacing / design of the game has been designed so that people can put in 15min to an hour a day and remain competitive. Some strategies are more time consuming than others so it depends somewhat on how you approach the game as well.

4 - Games can vary in size from 2500 sectors to 90,000 sectors.* In terms of players the size of the games can range from around 10 players to 1500. We have room to increase the max size quite a bit higher than that but we thought 1500 would be a good starting cap.

Yes, you can play in multiple games at the same time.

If you're eliminated from a game you can sign up for another game immediately but it can take up to 24 hours for that game to begin since the galaxy isn't created until the server is full or 24 hours have passed. There are also tutorial servers where you can't be eliminated and there are no wind conditions that can be joined at any time.

* A solar system takes up one sector. The fastest base level ship takes 2.4 minutes to travel across one sector.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM

good info. thanks for the timely reply.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 AM

After seeing some of the tutorial videos, I just want to play the game. Hopefully it wouldnt take long for Apple to aprove.

In the mean time I had a question about the ranking system.
How will that work? Do you gett point for the place you ended in a game, our will only the number 1-10 gett points. Our is there some kind of average score calculated over all youre games? How about playing multiple games at once will they all count for youre ranking?