★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anybody buy Void?

03-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Anybody buy Void?

I just downlaoded the lite version. Didnt really play it much yet.
03-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I did. I'm enjoying it a lot.

It reminds me of a simpler version of Escape Velocity. It's all about exploration, upgrading, and real-time combat... they just took the trading part out. Which honestly would help, because it's hard to gather enough money to get the better ships to keep up with the game's difficulty curve. But it's not frustrating me, just making me try to find the worlds I can beat to gather enough cash to strike into the center of one of the other races' strongholds.

This one's a keeper for me.

↪ GameCenter : Igoo

Last edited by Igoo; 03-22-2009 at 08:44 AM.

03-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Didn't look that great, and I didn't like the lite version.
03-23-2009, 08:35 AM
I bought it and have enjoyed it quite a lot so far. I've taken out almost all of the outer rims and have started on the inner rims.

I just came across a ridiculously good weapon/equipment combination. Get the heat-seeking Javelin missile with 25 range (which on it's own is amazing) and equip the pressure sac to upgrade the weapon range by 30%. I also equipped a synthesis pore for more weapon energy and an offense inverter for more energy recharge. Just enter a level, aim in the general direction of enemies, and hold down the fire button. It's far too powerful since the AI doesn't even pursue you since you're way out of range.
03-23-2009, 08:47 AM
This is one of my drunken purchases that I haven't regretted
03-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasmo View Post
This is one of my drunken purchases that I haven't regretted
LOL

Friends dont let friends drink and app purchase.
03-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Not to bad, needs improvement.

I played the lite version and think with a few updates this could be a great game. I think the graphics and interface need some improvement. One major issue I am having is my ship spins out of control for no reason. I will head towards an enemy and try to flank either side and all of a sudden just spin like a merry go round. Anyone having those issues?
03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellier35 View Post
I played the lite version and think with a few updates this could be a great game. I think the graphics and interface need some improvement. One major issue I am having is my ship spins out of control for no reason. I will head towards an enemy and try to flank either side and all of a sudden just spin like a merry go round. Anyone having those issues?
LOL hold the iPod straight. If you tilt the ship turns. Use the breaks allot too. Use short burst thrust. That should help u keep control.

For the guy that started the thread. This game kicks ass. I just wish there was more to the game. Completed it, and now just flying around distroying the home worlds to gain the best gear for all my ships. Oh the multi gat kicks ass.
03-24-2009, 11:36 AM
really like this game although a bit confused on one of the earlier levels. I start the level and all my shield energy disappears. I'm not in the level that warns you about nebulae, and there aren't any around anyway.

Any guesses ?
03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSlayer View Post
LOL hold the iPod straight. If you tilt the ship turns. Use the breaks allot too. Use short burst thrust. That should help u keep control.

For the guy that started the thread. This game kicks ass. I just wish there was more to the game. Completed it, and now just flying around distroying the home worlds to gain the best gear for all my ships. Oh the multi gat kicks ass.
lol, no thats not the issue haha. I was trying to attack at full speed while turning and shooting. I realized the short burst method is a lot better.

There is a level where you lose your shields so don't get hit. If you have the utility to improve you armor at the expense of your shields use it. I think its called beta plating or something.