★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pass the Pigs

10-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Pass the Pigs

Anyone have it yet? I just bought it after scouring the net for some sort of review. It was one of my favorite games from back in the day and I spent many annebriated hours tossing them around. Anyways, just wondering if someone else had it yet.
10-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Update - I'm playing it now and am a bit disappointed. The music and graphics are excellent, but the gameplay is awful. I thought that the pigs were going to have some true physics to them when throwing, like Motion X, but it seems like everything is just randomly generated in terms of the throws. Just thought you should know. I'm going to write THQ. First, a disappointing Star Wars, then this? Aaaarrggghhhh!
10-26-2008, 11:03 PM
A few days ago a Pangea hating thread was started (before they updated Bugdom). I insisted that THQ is the worst dev out there. There are crappier games in the app store, definitely, but no one is as cheap and willing to screw people as THQ. They port games from other systems and tone them down to the point that they're making entirely new crappy games, and they seem to make sure that those new games play like sh@t.

I bet their games on other systems are great, but they're clearly just trying to make money off of their cheap crap in the app store.
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the support. I totally agree. I now fall into the "trick me twice" category. I've learned another painful lesson and never again will I fall for another cheap port, THQ game again. Not that they will care, but, I just wrote them an e-mail and linked it to this thread.

Last edited by davidovich; 10-26-2008 at 11:15 PM.
10-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidovich View Post
Thanks for the support. I totally agree. I now fall into the "trick me twice" category. I've learned another painful lesson and never again will I fall for another cheap port, THQ game again. Not that they will care, but, I just wrote them an e-mail and linked it to this thread.
I'm very sorry to hear this, PtP had real potential
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
The funny thing to me is your paying about the same for this app as you would for a real set of pass the pigs. Some things are just fine in real life, and don't need a virtual counterpart, especially these virtual drinking games. If your with your friends drinking I'd rather use real quarters and pigs then to pass my $300 phone around a table of drunks.