★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ## The only World War 2 strategy you need on your iPhone, hours and hours of gameplay.

World in War; the definitive World War II multiplayer online strategy game for the iPhone!

Lead the German, Allied or Soviet armies to victory in the single player campaign or outwit your friends online. Hours of mind bending fun awaits as you take full control of the fate of your nation. See the German blitz pick up speed and hear the Allied cry for freedom.
And as you feel the thunder of a thousand Soviet feet, what will be your orders?

- Online multiplayer
- Three Campaigns
- 13 historically inspired scenarios
- Realistic region based maps
- Hotseat multiplayer using one device
- Many of hours of gameplay
- Infantry, tanks, artillery and ships as units
- Bunkers, paratroopers, airstrikes and other strategies

Become a fan of World in War on facebook.com/WorldinWar

More cool games by PAN Vision
- Mariachi Hero
- Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas

Follow us on Twitter.com/PANVision
Like us on Facebook.com/PANVision
More information on www.panvisiongames.com

tonydeli7's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Too long a time a wargamer myself, but i don't see how the game mechanics work, will wait and watch.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

12-16-2010, 04:17 AM
I'll give it a shot might as well I've been downloading tons today and I could do with some more strategy options.
I'll post impressions after having a play I do like games like hearts of Iron on the PC I'm hoping this is similar.

Edit: First Impressions

It is sort of like a very simplified hearts of Iron almost kind of like panzer general games it isn't bad but nothing mind blowing was surprised to see DLC for sale inside the game ""allies strike back" I'm guessing it's more campaign missions. There doesn't seem to be very many units to build just infantry artillery and tanks.

First campaign mission is playing as Germany to invade Poland it was fairly quick to win but I was quickly overrun in my second battle so I can't really give a fair judgement but if you like games like hearts of Iron or the older strategy war games this looks like it is worth a shot everything looks polished well enough.

Might be a bit to simplified for my taste in honesty but I haven't played enough to know if things develop but things like the multi player might add a lot to it.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

Last edited by Teknikal; 12-16-2010 at 04:44 AM.
12-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah,if you like games like Hearts of Iron,you're going to love this one.

Some additions I would like to see:
-Game Center support for online games
-Unit experience
-More units(like airforce to cover your ground troops,submarines)
-Some kind of free play scenario

But overall it's a good game I think..

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
12-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Whats wrong with all the names then.Warzaw etc?????
12-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi guys!

Nice to see you trying it out.
Have you missed the teaser for World in War?
- If so, here's another shot:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Please keep playing and coming with impressions - we're reading everyone!

/The World in War-team
12-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Nice! Been waiting for this one to be released
12-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Great game so far, just bought the US campaign

Will you be addind Game Center support and more maps in the future? It would be awsome if you could play online against random people, maybe some kind of ranking system.

It's still a great strategy/board game and I hope more people will check it out.
12-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Why do these wargames on the app store always aim to appewl to casuals and ppl whove never played such a genre. Why not try to appewl to those who have? They are all either board games or incredible si plified and dumbed down. Its not like casuals will get these games no matter how simple they are. Like take distant atar and that new vikings row or whatever its called ipad game. Both are also incredibly simple with no complexity. When will the madness end?
12-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Wait, what? DLC at the release of the game? Seriously? Congratulations, you just lost a customer, and I won't be playing this game.