★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 166.2 MB
  • Version: 1.31
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: TRON: LEGACY NOW ONLINE

"... one of the best arcade racing experiences out there..."
- AppAdvice

Welcome to TRON City, Program. Race high velocity 3D Light Cycles. Blast targets with the awesome power of a Recognizer. Your objective is not merely survival, its glory. With each victory, you will grow closer to becoming the ultimate GRID Game Champion

TRON: Legacy unfolds as a series of competitions through 24 rounds. You will race the latest generation of 3D Light Cycles and fire cannons from the cockpit of the massive Recognizers. Score points to qualify for new contests and unlock new arenas.

RACE LIGHT CYCLES
Compete in standard races or time trials to qualify for the new challenges. Tilt to steer, touch to accelerate and brake. Use your Light Ribbon to block opponents and knock them off course. Deploy power ups like Shield Breaker, Arc and Cloak to gain an advantage. Tap for turbo boost.

FLY RECOGNIZERS
Command an enormous Recognizer and patrol the GRID. Aim the cannon by tilting to move the targeting reticle. Tap to fire. Destroy object but be careful not to overheat. Accuracy rewards score multipliers and helps you achieve more points.

VISUALLY STUNNING
TRON comes to life with eye-popping graphics developed to maximize Retina Displays.

Enjoy this visually stunning game and dont miss TRON: Legacy now in theaters and Disney Digital 3D!

Look for Disney Mobiles other exciting TRON app. Featuring arcade-style 2D gaming, it also includes dozens of extras from the world of TRON: http://www.itunes.com/apps/tron

Like Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DisneyMobile
Follow Us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/disneymobile
Visit TRON The Official Site: http://www.disney.com/tron

****************** DISNEY MAKES MORE GREAT APPS ******************

JellyCar 3, Toy Story Mania, Phineas and Ferb Arcade, Disney Fairies Fly, Split/Second, Alice In Wonderland, and many more.

See all the Disney Apps at http://www.itunes.com/waltdisney
12-16-2010, 04:26 AM
I was waiting to see if they'd do a proper tie-in with the new film

12-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Seems to be a really cut-down version of the PSP game which, to be honest, isn't all that great. Though the two modes taken from it (light cycle and recognizer) are the two best modes of the game.

Worth noting that if it is like the PSP version (and the screens seem to say it is), the Recognizer part is an on-rails shooter.
12-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
Seems to be a really cut-down version of the PSP game which, to be honest, isn't all that great. Though the two modes taken from it (light cycle and recognizer) are the two best modes of the game.

Worth noting that if it is like the PSP version (and the screens seem to say it is), the Recognizer part is an on-rails shooter.
Man, missed this yesterday with all the other releases flying around.

Impressions don't really sound the best, but hey, it's Tron, and it's $0.99. Bought.

Playing: Space Ace, Road Blaster, So Long Oregon, Necronomicon CG, 7th Guest, Deathsmiles
Waiting for: Mad Dog McCree, 11th Hour, Necronomicon CG update!
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
This has a couple of things going against it: First, it came out yesterday. Second, it's the second Tron app. Don't let those things get in the way. It's a buck, and it's actually quite good. This is the real light bike game, and while the other mode is on rails, it's still quite fun. Don't sleep on this, add it to the amazing pile from yesterday.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-16-2010, 07:01 PM
This just closes right after the Disney logo. iPad w/iOS 4.2. And yes, this is the retail version on a freshly rebooted device. Sure it is just 1 dollar, but I frigging want a working version. Or a refund. Update, please. As of now I have given a 1-Star review.
12-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobtf View Post
This just closes right after the Disney logo. iPad w/iOS 4.2. And yes, this is the retail version on a freshly rebooted device. Sure it is just 1 dollar, but I frigging want a working version. Or a refund. Update, please. As of now I have given a 1-Star review.
same as him. crashes crashes. did reset, respsring
12-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Maybe it's an iPad thing. I have a non-jb iPhone 4, latest firmware, and no crashes at all.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Holy crap! Glad this was posted as I totally missed it. I loved Tron as a kid and am a sucker for Light Cycle games (and not the top-down variety in the free app). Since the 360/PS3 versions have gotten pretty crappy reviews, I'm willing to give this a shot for $1.
12-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Maybe it's an iPad thing. I have a non-jb iPhone 4, latest firmware, and no crashes at all.
read above post lol