★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iRequiem - (by Rapid Turtle Games)

12-16-2010, 08:37 AM
iRequiem - (by Rapid Turtle Games)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

World of Khaos a tower defense game with shoot 'em up mayhem
Space Falcon Reloaded - Arcade space shooter like no other
Rapid Turtle Games | Twitter | Facebook

Last edited by FlagellumDei; 12-18-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: YouTube Video
12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
looks cool but we already polled for price 1$ and this goes to 2$ HUH? heh thats funny
Too much work have been put into the game, so we couldn't go with the lowest price possible...

12-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Impressions:

Pros:
- Great graphics
- Good collection of equipment/items
- Creative skills and abilities
- Good variety of enemies

Cons:
- Absolutely horrible voice acting (please just erase this altogether as it's distracting)
- Bosses are way too difficult unless you are lucky that enemies keep dropping health potions. They have way too much health, do way too much damage, and summon way too much enemies. Since you have no jump button, and bosses do not flinch from attacks, how are you supposed to dodge their attacks? The roll does absolutely nothing, you still end up getting hit anyways
- Include stats in the weapons purchased, otherwise how're you supposed to know which one is the more powerful?
- Allow replaying of earlier levels to earn money, otherwise if you bought the wrong things or something there's no way to go back, and you'll have to restart everything
- Restarting a level should allow you to visit the shop again, not right at the beginning of the level. Because if you forgot to purchase health, you still start with that amount of health no matter how many times you restart
- Seriously, very seriously, needs a jump button. It will be so much more fun that you can actually dodge projectiles instead of just getting hit by them
12-18-2010, 02:00 AM
In the coming update (January 2011) there will be jumping with more move types. Game Center is coming too along with other fixes and improvements.

We thought to include more stats for the items in the shop, but it was left as is now. But, we definitely should add more info about the items.

We can add an option to turn of the voices...

You are right, visiting the shop after restarting before you enter the level could help sometimes, especially before boss fights. Spells can help a lot against the bosses.

As I said, we are working on an update so there will be new stuff. We are listening to your comments and suggestions, so if you have an idea or a wish you would like to see in the game, please let us know!

01-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Interview

iRequiem interview with Attila on Horror Video Games - check it out!

01-14-2011, 04:45 AM
UPDATED to v1.0.1

iRequiem updated to version 1.0.1. Please read below what's new in this version:

The update brings Apple's Game Center support. Now players have an option to choose between Game Center and OpenFeint (or even use both) as the social gaming platform. This means that players can see how their scores rank against their friends, as well as other players around the world. Also, they can unlock achievements and compare them with others. Until this update all these features (leaderboards and achievements) were available through OpenFeint.

Besides this new feature, there is also jumping added to the game. Now you can avoid enemy bullets or jump over your enemies. There is a power jump, which will repulse your opponents and make damage to them, and it's an easy way to make extreme overkills with power jumping on your enemies a few times.

It's now possible to revisit the shop before you enter a level. Minor bug fixes.

01-14-2011, 10:10 AM
any plans for ipad version/universal upgrade?
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Hello,

I understand your position regarding the price. It is notable that you put a lot of effort on the game.

But you also have to understand that in comparison, your game is higher than the average price for the same type of game. Re-phrasing, for the same amount of content/gameplay/graph that your game has.

Personally, I think the game is entertaining enough to justify the price tag, but for others, it could be the deal breaker.

I tried the lite version, fall in love for the game, wanted to unlock everything, and because of that bought it. Besides, I personally do not care of buying a game for one or two dollars more then its supposed to be "fair" price when the developers really care and will (probably) giving the game updates and new content.

Finally, I would say that for those on the fence, try the lite version, you will see what I am talking about. Buy the game and give the developers credit, if they fail to us, do not buy anything more from them.

Cheers,

Bruno
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
any plans for ipad version/universal upgrade?
There is a plan, but I can't give any estimates when will we release an iPad version. There are more than 3000 graphics files which we need to re-work for the higher resolution. And it takes a lot of time...

01-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagellumDei View Post
There is a plan, but I can't give any estimates when will we release an iPad version. There are more than 3000 graphics files which we need to re-work for the higher resolution. And it takes a lot of time...
no hurry, i was just curious if there even WERE any plans, can't seem to decide what to buy anymore simply because things get released for iphone/ipod, but no mention of ipad, and no mention of future ipad support, i.e. whether a seperate app, or a universal update to the current one.

basically means anything i'm interested in that i see for the iphone i just put on my wait for half a year list and see what happens with regards to ipad. i have an ipod, just can't bring myself to enjoy anything on it (or buy anything more for it) anymore now that the ipad is so much more visually pleasing, to me anyway.

so it sounds like there'll be a seperate ipad version correct?