★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WordCrasher 1.50 - huge update - Retina, Game Center + more

12-16-2010, 09:01 AM
WordCrasher 1.50 - huge update - Retina, Game Center + more

Hi everyone,

WordCrasher was looking so very early-2010, so I put myself to work for the last few weeks on this update. It's probably the biggest update yet. And $0.99 is now the permanent price.

- Retina Display support
- Game Center compatible with leaderboards and achievements
- New graphics and animations
- New sounds and music
- Almost 50% larger dictionary, now incorporating the SOWPODS word list - now over 90000 words included in US, UK and International English.
- New game structure - 21 levels of goodness, with much improved game balance
- Some new achievements - now 32 in total, on both OpenFeint and Game Center
- Useful (and not so useful) Top Tips to improve your game
- 31% more fun

Because of the improvements to the game balance, the Marathon and Flood Panic leaderboards have been reset for this version. The Vocabulary and Word Score leaderboards that you've been working so hard on haven't been touched. The player with the highest vocabulary on the leaderboard, "WordFanatic" has now reached over 21000 words!

If you upgrade while you have a game in session, you may see some corrupt graphics in-game.
But don't worry, fixing it is easy. Just go to http://wordcrasher.com/game/support.html for a quick guide and you'll be fixed up in no time.

Enjoy and let me know what you think. Good reviews on the App Store really help sales, so if you like WordCrasher and think other people should be playing it too, I'd be really appreciative of a review. Cheers!

http://itunes.com/app/wordcrasher

Last edited by PixelsOnToast; 12-16-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added link at the bottom of post
12-18-2010, 03:36 AM
This new update has made the game so much better. I've always liked the game, but I found the lack of so many words in the game dictionary very frustrating. It's much more enjoyable now that I can spell anything that pops into my head. Thanks!

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

12-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
This new update has made the game so much better. I've always liked the game, but I found the lack of so many words in the game dictionary very frustrating. It's much more enjoyable now that I can spell anything that pops into my head. Thanks!
Hey, thanks medianotzu! Glad you're enjoying the new features.
12-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Never noticed this game before but just bought on the strength of this update.

Very good it is too!
12-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Version 1.51 hit this morning, fixing any update woes some upgraders were having.

Glad you're enjoying it ian1969uk!
12-18-2010, 12:17 PM
This was one of my very first purchases when I got my iPod back in early January. I only downloaded free games until this game came out. I just HAD to get an iTunes card. Lol. To this day, I still love it and it's one of those apps that'll be on my iPod for a lonngg time.

The graphics are beautiful (as you can already see in the screenshots).

The update is basically the cherry on top of an already scrumptious dessert. I really recommend picking this up!!

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!
12-18-2010, 12:32 PM
looks interesting