WordCrasher 1.50 - huge update - Retina, Game Center + more
WordCrasher was looking so very early-2010, so I put myself to work for the last few weeks on this update. It's probably the biggest update yet. And $0.99 is now the permanent price.
- Retina Display support
- Game Center compatible with leaderboards and achievements
- New graphics and animations
- New sounds and music
- Almost 50% larger dictionary, now incorporating the SOWPODS word list - now over 90000 words included in US, UK and International English.
- New game structure - 21 levels of goodness, with much improved game balance
- Some new achievements - now 32 in total, on both OpenFeint and Game Center
- Useful (and not so useful) Top Tips to improve your game
- 31% more fun
Because of the improvements to the game balance, the Marathon and Flood Panic leaderboards have been reset for this version. The Vocabulary and Word Score leaderboards that you've been working so hard on haven't been touched. The player with the highest vocabulary on the leaderboard, "WordFanatic" has now reached over 21000 words!
If you upgrade while you have a game in session, you may see some corrupt graphics in-game.
But don't worry, fixing it is easy. Just go to http://wordcrasher.com/game/support.html for a quick guide and you'll be fixed up in no time.
Enjoy and let me know what you think. Good reviews on the App Store really help sales, so if you like WordCrasher and think other people should be playing it too, I'd be really appreciative of a review. Cheers!
Last edited by PixelsOnToast; 12-16-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added link at the bottom of post