★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Eric Brill
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Jump Attack is Jump Rope at your finger tips!

Collect 120 Twinkles throughout the game and become a Jump Attack Master. This is no easy task though, the game starts off easy, but becomes extremely challenging and fun.

Levels:
Collect - Grab as many friends as you can while jumping over the rope. The more friends you grab in a row the more points you earn.
Jump Rope - Stay on the ground as long as you can to earn more points. Lift you finger up briefly to jump over the rope. Collect Friends/Power-ups, but don't hit Pyscho Sign it will reverse the rope and put a twist on the game.
Double Dutch - Similar to Jump Rope, but with two ropes coming at you from different directions.
Twist - The rope can come at you from 4 different directions every time it passes.
Double Twist - Similar to twist with an extra rope.
Epic - A combination of all game levels.

Friends/Power-ups:
Slow Poke - Slows down the rope so it's easier to avoid.
Sunny - Brightens the screen by widening the edges.
Mucho Blinko - He's a fast party animal that gives you 250 points.
Twinkle - Collect 5 on each level and 120 throughout the game.
Psycho Sign - Reverses the rope, which can really mess you up.

Difficulties: Beginner, Intermediate, Challenging, and Expert.

Universal, Retina Display, Game Center, Achievements, Leaderboards

Jump Attack will be continuously updated so please leave a review for improvements or if you absolutely love it!

Follow Eric Brill: @BrilliantAiRiC
Eric Brill's thoughts and other creations: http://brilliantairic.com

Brilliant AiRic's comments:

Jump Attack is jump rope for your finger.

4 Different Modes:
Collect - Grab as many friends as you can while jumping over the rope. The more friends you grab in a row the more points you earn.
Jump Rope - Stay on the ground as long as you can to earn more points. Lift you finger up briefly to jump over the rope. Collect Friends/Power-ups, but don't hit Pyscho Sign it will reverse the rope and put a twist on the game.
Double Dutch - Similar to Jump Rope, but with two ropes coming at you from different directions.
Epic - A combination of all game modes.

Collect 80 Twinkles (5 on each level) throughout the game and become a Jump Attack Master. This is no easy task though, the game starts off easy, but becomes extremely challenging and fun.

Friends/Power-ups:
Slow Poke - Slows down the rope so it's easier to avoid.
Sunny - Brightens the screen by widening the edges.
Mucho Blinko - He's a fast party animal that gives you 250 points.
Twinkle - Collect 5 on each level and 80 throughout the game.
Psycho Sign - Reverses the rope.

Jump Attack includes 4 different difficulties: Beginner, Intermediate, Challenging, and Expert.

Online Leaderboards for every level and Achievements - Openfeint.

No promos for the public. If you're a developer/App-enthusiast that will give me feedback let me know I'll PM/e-mail you a promo.
12-16-2010, 01:25 PM
solid

This is fantastic play of game modes, plenty of power-ups,and good fun challenge. I like when developers take thier time to make something unique and original.

12-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krehol Games View Post
This is fantastic play of game modes, plenty of power-ups,and good fun challenge. I like when developers take thier time to make something unique and original.
Thanks !
12-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Screenshots

EDIT: This is before I knew how to post the app as shown above^

Here are some screenshots of the game. Any feedback is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IconBest.png
Views:	2
Size:	384.5 KB
ID:	27456   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	28451   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot2.png
Size:	691.2 KB
ID:	28452  

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot3.png
Size:	726.1 KB
ID:	28453   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot4.png
Views:	0
Size:	507.3 KB
ID:	28454   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot5.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	28455  

Last edited by Brilliant AiRic; 01-12-2011 at 06:34 PM.
12-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Day 1

Day 1 didn't go very well. I sold 3 and I know the 3 people that bought my app. I worked 2 months on this game for 9-16 hours a day 6-7 days a week. That's around 1100-1200 hours.

Anyone have any clues on what I am doing wrong? Please be brutally honest.

Fish Have No Souls ~~~~~~ GET IT!
12-17-2010, 02:18 PM
original

In the title you just put jump attack and people will think its a doodle jump clone. Instead the title should be " jump attack totally original game" that would make people take a look. Pretty original idea I might add alot of casual gamers may like this game.
12-17-2010, 02:33 PM
The game does look interesting. Tap and play with the jump rope idea is new. You do need a more descriptive tag line to draw attention to your app. You may want to give out some promo codes to your friends and relatives or to others to get them to try the game and get some reviews posted for the game. It does look like a good quick pick up and play time waster when standing in line or waiting in a doctors office.
Hopefully things will pick up for you. Your game came out when a bunch of big name titlesthat people were waiting for hit the market and EA has the .99 cent sale going on.
Good luck with this and any other projects.

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Hmm...

Yeah that does suck with those sales and new games bad timing... Lol when I released it I was like this couldn't be better. Right before the holidays.

I'm going to a free version. I'm frustrated though, because I see so many games that start out with no free version and still sell 100 copies on launch day, but obviously that doesn't work. My idea for the free game is going to be a Jump Attack Trainer. Basically you'll be able to set the rope to whatever speed you want and any number of ropes. There won't be any power-ups to get, it will count the number of times the rope passes and the amount time you can go without hitting the rope. You'll be able to submit your scores online. I don't know if the rope speeds should randomize, because in the paid version when you get into the harder difficulties the rope speed randomizes a lot.

I first thought of the game as jump rope these are my favorite.

That one you can play in the arcade:

Youtube link | Pop Up

or the one from mario party:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks for the replies!

Fish Have No Souls ~~~~~~ GET IT!
12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
you might just need a lite version.

Too many games out so not worth taking a risk without checking to see if you like it.
12-17-2010, 08:13 PM
lite version

If you make lite version include 1 or 2 power-ups or people wont get excited.