★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Mod v. Mod?

03-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Super Mod v. Mod?

I noticed recently that forum member, Hodapp, had been promoted to Super Mod (congrats btw), and was wondering what the difference between a mod and a super mod were. It isn't in the FAQ or anything, and I was wondering what the difference between these two classes of moderator were. I have noticed them on other forums, but never knew the difference. I do know that mods can give infractions, so can super mods ban people. I don't understand. This is mostly for arn and Hodapp.
03-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I noticed recently that forum member, Hodapp, had been promoted to Super Mod (congrats btw), and was wondering what the difference between a mod and a super mod were. It isn't in the FAQ or anything, and I was wondering what the difference between these two classes of moderator were. I have noticed them on other forums, but never knew the difference. I do know that mods can give infractions, so can super mods ban people. I don't understand. This is mostly for arn and Hodapp.
probably cause he does reviews etc. for TA

BTW gratz.........

03-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Mods can ban people too. I would like Hodapp to answer the Super bit myself, as I haven't got a clue and wasn't told about it. I would also like to know why he is allowed an avatar.
03-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Mods can ban people too. I would like Hodapp to answer the Super bit myself, as I haven't got a clue and wasn't told about it. I would also like to know why he is allowed an avatar.
I don't know why that would be. Maybe I'll get an answer. I mean, it is odd. I'm guessing that it does have something to do with him writing reviews, since he is relatively new. I mean, he joined this month.

ZOMFG. That is definately not fair. I want an avatar.
03-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Isn't it obvious? It's because Hodapp is super. So therefore, he's a "super mod."

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Maybe he can do what an admin does except post articles?
03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
Maybe he can do what an admin does except post articles?
He does that too. So, I was just wanting to know. It is odd.
03-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
See, this is the problem with selected users, wether they be admin or Super Mods or who ever, being authorized to have avatars, when everyone else can't.
Why wasn't his Super Mod title announced anywhere? Even I found out by chance!
03-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by brewstermax

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
See, this is the problem with selected users, wether they be admin or Super
Mods or who ever, being authorized to have avatars, when everyone else can't.
Why wasn't his Super Mod title announced anywhere? Even I found out by chance!

oboy........so it begins
03-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe he's really Steve Jobs. This is what he's decided to do with his time away from daily ops at Apple.