★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** MOXIE 2 HD IS FREE FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME ***
*** SCOOP IT UP NOW BEFORE IT'S RETIRED FROM THE APP STORE ***

Moxie 2 is the FUN word transformation game...EASY to learn, but CHALLENGING to master.

"Moxie 2 brings fun back to word games in a refreshing way that will keep you coming back." - AppVersity.com

"An extremely satisfying word game." - Casual Gameplay

Over 500,000 Moxie games have been downloaded and over 20,000,000 games have been played.

--------------------
HOW TO PLAY MOXIE 2
--------------------
You start with a hand of 64 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.

You score points by:

1. Making unique words with the letters

2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.

3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points

Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.

There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
--------------------

FEATURES
- 5 game variations
- HD graphics support for iPad devices
- Pick up right where you left off
- Global leader board
- Short tutorial video (no internet required)
- Ergonomic design
- Relaxing and refreshing gameplay
- Wholesome

WHAT'S NEW IN MOXIE 2?
- Daily Challenge mode with a new puzzle each day
- Make 6 letter words
- Undo your mistakes
- 64 turns per game
- 6 letter Moxie Words score 500 points
- Moxieless mode
- Screen showing how many of each letter remain
- Color chooser

blue ox's comments:
Enjoy!

12-17-2010, 09:21 AM
For a game that gives nothing extra on an iPad .... What a price!
I stick to the iphone version doubled up tha I paid considerably less.

Do not misunderstand, it is fun ...

-----
On GC I am FPEX

12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
I stick to the iphone version doubled up tha I paid considerably less.

Do not misunderstand, it is fun ...
Totally agree it's not the sort of game where your gonna go wow and HD version I've got to get if you already have it on iPhone it should have really been made universal to be fair
12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
I actually think this is one of those games that is better on an iPhone then an iPad, but c'mon, its only $3.
12-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that if you already own Moxie 2 and it is not one of your top games, then you may not see the value in the HD version.

However if someone does not already own the game and they have an iPad, I think they will appreciate the updated graphics.

I did consider making the game a universal app, but in the end I decided against it. Among other things, a major consideration is that making the game universal would have put Moxie 2 over the 20GB App Store limit for 3G downloads.

Interestingly the first post from a fan on our Facebook page about Moxie 2 HD came within hours of the game's release. It was:

"Zero hesitation on downloading this. A no-brainer to buy."

So I guess the lesson here is that everybody values things differently...but that's OK.

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
12-17-2010, 11:03 AM
It is about support ... I took M2 and liked so much I took m1 as support (and never ever played it ...). I like the game, but cannot justify buying again in HD.

Anyway, my congrats as I said .... I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue ox View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that if you already own Moxie 2 and it is not one of your top games, then you may not see the value in the HD version.

However if someone does not already own the game and they have an iPad, I think they will appreciate the updated graphics.

I did consider making the game a universal app, but in the end I decided against it. Among other things, a major consideration is that making the game universal would have put Moxie 2 over the 20GB App Store limit for 3G downloads.

Interestingly the first post from a fan on our Facebook page about Moxie 2 HD came within hours of the game's release. It was:

"Zero hesitation on downloading this. A no-brainer to buy."

So I guess the lesson here is that everybody values things differently...but that's OK.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Totally agree it's not the sort of game where your gonna go wow and HD version I've got to get if you already have it on iPhone it should have really been made universal to be fair
The issue is that .... iphone 1 dollar, ipad 3 .... and for such a type of a game it is s bit disproportionate. Sure it is not much money, but the price basically makes it only a ay to show support to the dev more than anything else.

Anyway, once again to whoever reads this ... the game is fun. I play it everyday (while driving to work ....).

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
It is about support ... I took M2 and liked so much I took m1 as support (and never ever played it ...). I like the game, but cannot justify buying again in HD.

Anyway, my congrats as I said .... I like it!
FPE:

Hey! Thanks for buying both Moxie and Moxie 2. I really appreciate it. You should crack the original Moxie open too, if you already own it. Although the gameplay is similar to Moxie 2, it really has a different feel to it. I think you'll like it.

Thanks again!

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.