★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Super Psychic Chibi Fighters 3

12-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Super Psychic Chibi Fighters 3

Our newest game, Super Psychic Chibi Fighters 3, has just come out in the app store! If you've been looking for a head to head game with tons of variety and action to play with friends, then SPCF3 has you covered!

- 15 Unique characters with different elemental powers
- 11 Stages, each with a different twist or hazard
- 90 Stages of solo minigames
- 6 Full-length story modes
- Tons of replayability

Gameplay:
In Super Psychic Chibi Fighters 3, you control a single character, who faces off against an opponent in an arena. To win, reduce your opponent's life to zero by firing blasts of psychic energy towards him, each hit reducing his life points. You can fire blasts by touching and pulling back on the white crystals in the arena like a slingshot, and collecting them. Dodge by dragging your character out of the way of attacks. You can even pick up the crystals with your character to store power, unleashing devastating special attacks. Each character has a different set of attacks and special moves, as well as their own strategy and fighting style.

That's not all there is to do--the game features 45 levels of solo corridor runs--dodging puzzles where you must evade hazards and survive, as well as 45 levels of solo trick shots, shooting puzzles requiring precise aim and skill. With two more scoring minigames, and 1000 points of openFeint achievements, there's always another challenge to tackle!

Check out our gameplay video below:
YouTube: video

You can check it out in the app store, or see the Super Psychic Chibi Fighters website for more info!

Last edited by Church; 12-17-2010 at 01:23 PM.
12-17-2010, 12:43 PM

12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I thought about buying this yesterday but with so many games coming out, I passed.

I love two player, one iPad games but watching the video I still don't have a firm grasp on what is going on.

A lite version probably would have sold me on this.
12-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the idea! I'll try to put one out as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I thought about buying this yesterday but with so many games coming out, I passed.

I love two player, one iPad games but watching the video I still don't have a firm grasp on what is going on.

A lite version probably would have sold me on this.
12-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
Thanks for the idea! I'll try to put one out as soon as possible.
Cool. If you get a chance can you talk about how the controls work? The battle (in the video) looks so fast paced, it is hard to tell how the game works.
12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
+1, please give more info, the game looks interesting but I still not sure how to play it.
12-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I've added this to the OP as well, so it has more visibility:

"Gameplay:
In Super Psychic Chibi Fighters 3, you control a single character, who faces off against an opponent in an arena. To win, reduce your opponent's life to zero by firing blasts of psychic energy towards him, each hit reducing his life points. You can fire blasts by touching and pulling back on the white crystals in the arena like a slingshot, and collecting them. Dodge by dragging your character out of the way of attacks. You can even pick up the crystals with your character to store power, unleashing devastating special attacks. Each character has a different set of attacks and special moves, as well as their own strategy and fighting style.

That's not all there is to do--the game features 45 levels of solo corridor runs--dodging puzzles where you must evade hazards and survive, as well as 45 levels of solo trick shots, shooting puzzles requiring precise aim and skill. With two more scoring minigames, and 1000 points of openFeint achievements, there's always another challenge to tackle!"
12-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
I've added this to the OP as well, so it has more visibility:

"Gameplay:

That's not all there is to do--the game features 45 levels of solo corridor runs--dodging puzzles where you must evade hazards and survive, as well as 45 levels of solo trick shots, shooting puzzles requiring precise aim and skill. With two more scoring minigames, and 1000 points of openFeint achievements, there's always another challenge to tackle!"

Thanks for the added detail.

One more question, are the mini games touch based as well. Do you touch the character to move them, or how does it work?

I might give this a go.
12-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Thanks for the added detail.

One more question, are the mini games touch based as well. Do you touch the character to move them, or how does it work?

I might give this a go.
They are all touch based, but whether you're moving the characters or just shooting depends on the game. There are 4 games:

- Corridor Runner - use your character to dodge obstacles and reach targets.
- Trick Shots - shoot pre-positioned attacks to try and break difficult targets.
- Onslaught - defend against an oncoming endless wave of targets, using attacks that replenish as soon as they are fired. You have a limited number of lives to take out as many targets as possible.
- Time Attack - Like onslaught, but you have a limited time to strike down as many targets as you can, and targets do not move.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about it! I plan on continuing to update and add to the game, if enough interest can be generated for it.
12-17-2010, 09:16 PM
I picked this up and I am pretty impressed with the game. There is actually a lot of content and with the vs mode, I think there should be a good amount of replay.

Graphics are polished and look nice, much cleaner than in the video. Play mechanics are pretty simple. Most games you are touching an item, pulling back and then releasing. The only issue I can see here is that there is no power bar or direction arrow, so if your touch is off, your shot will be also. That being said, the game is fast paced and a power bar or direction arrow would not work.

The mini games are fun and work well. They range from shooting target to moving your character through corridors. There appears to be a lot of levels.

The vs mode is well done. Both players pick a fighter and then a location and the battle starts. The basics of a battle are, shoot at the other player, while moving (by touch) your character around to avoid on coming attacks. You can also just leave your character in one spot if you choose. I only played a couple of levels but I liked what I saw. On one level there are trees and if you move your character under them, the are barely visable. There were a couple of times that I could not find my opponent for a second.

If you like quirky games and enjoy two player one iPad games, you might want to check this out. I paid for this game and while I think it is worth the money, I would suggest a $4.99 price point. $5.99 is an odd price point in the app store and might be enough to turn people away.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 12-17-2010 at 09:18 PM.