★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gameloft planning a freemium game for 2011?

12-17-2010, 01:38 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,675
Gameloft planning a freemium game for 2011?

Found this while searching the internet for new 2011 games.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=25697

Looks like Gameloft plans to make a hardcore freemium MMO, much like Sega's Kingdom Conquest for 2011

Last edited by bmdino; 12-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.
12-27-2010, 02:14 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Over there --->
Posts: 594
And just when I thought Gameloft couldn't sink any lower...

I do Dutch translations! ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨

12-27-2010, 04:17 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootinyman View Post
And just when I thought Gameloft couldn't sink any lower...
hahahah true. But gameloft need to start using unreal engine 3 their games look bad & characters have bad voice acting.
12-27-2010, 04:31 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: alea iacta est
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdino
Pocketgamer
Your argument is invalid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie2233 View Post
hahahah true. But gameloft need to start using unreal engine 3 their games look bad & characters have bad voice acting.
Sure, if your willing to remake all your assets and give 25% of all your profits to someone else. And your already giving 30% to apple, so gameloft wouldn't even get half of every sale.
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdino View Post
Looks like Gameloft plans to make a hardcore freemium MMO, much like Sega's Kingdom Conquest for 2011
I bet they call it "Conquest of the Kingdom"
12-27-2010, 06:56 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie2233 View Post
hahahah true. But gameloft need to start using unreal engine 3 their games look bad & characters have bad voice acting.
I actually like the look of Dungeon Hunter 2 and the fact that it runs really smoothly.

Freemium doesn't bother me too much if they don't shove IAP in your face all the time.
12-27-2010, 07:10 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 31.560499, -111.904128
Posts: 7,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie2233 View Post
hahahah true. But gameloft need to start using unreal engine 3 their games look bad & characters have bad voice acting.
Their graphics look fine to me. They look much better than the average 3D iPhone game and I'd say their newer ones are about on par with Infinity Blade and RAGE.






Hakuna Matata
12-28-2010, 03:43 PM
#8
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,382
Hmm... this could be good or bad. Some freemium games are good, look at Gun Bros and such...

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
12-28-2010, 03:47 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: #317
Posts: 1,216
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Hmm... this could be good or bad. Some freemium games are good, look at Gun Bros and such...
Ya freemium is ok when the dev makes it freemium to combat pirating. Games like Eliminate however, when you have to pay frequently ruins otherwise good apps.

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
12-28-2010, 04:36 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 566
Freemiun doesn't necessarily combat piracy. For the most part, IAPs are just additional files, which I'm sure you can just SSH onto the iPod/iPhone. All popular apps have their DLCs pirated, and believe me, whatever Gameloft is releasing, will probably be a popular title.