★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tactical Warrior - coming soon

12-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Tactical Warrior - coming soon

Hi everyone. I would like to announce my upcoming game, Tactical Warrior.

It is a tactical RPG and as such the game play is in between an RPG and a turn based strategy. Right now I am hoping to have it released in early or mid January.

Features:
- 10 Classes of Warriors - Each with a variety of attacks and passive abilities to choose from.

- 60 Items - Find some chain mail and a book of mastery to replace that stale bread your wielding.

- Over 100 Battles - The single player campaign features well over 100 battles ranging from a one sided battle against a badger to challenging battles against bears, skilled warriors and more.

- Hotseat Multiplayer - Challenge your friends in hotsteat multiplayer skirmishes.

Youtube link | Pop Up

I will post more screen shots and info soon. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Last edited by Jamvert; 04-19-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: more info and screen shots and a video
12-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Cool, more tactical games. I really like them on handhelds. Good luck with your work!

12-17-2010, 03:40 PM
The iphone needs more SRPG/TRPG games, so I'm happy your making one in this genre. Can't wait to see some video gameplay footage.

One comment on the text, it seems hard on the eyes with the red/pink text againist an orange/red background (shown on the first screenshot).

Last edited by Marcus70; 12-17-2010 at 03:44 PM.
12-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus70 View Post
The iphone needs more SRPG/TRPG games, so I'm happy your making one in this genre. Can't wait to see some video gameplay footage.

One comment on the text, it seems hard on the eyes with the red/pink text againist an orange/red background (shown on the first screenshot).
Good point. I will probably play with those text colors to get them a little better at some point.

I will hopefully post a video or two in a while, but I think I might leave it several days until I have hammered out some of the performance issues. The performance issues being it having mediocre frame rates in battle and it taking too long to load the character screen and swap between characters.
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Here are some new screen shots. I also added some of them and some more info to the OP.

12-21-2010, 03:39 PM
looks alright.
12-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I like how you created your own unique art style for the game. How many characters can you control at a time? Also, are some of the battlefields bigger than one screen size (i.e. need to scroll around a bit to see everything)?
12-22-2010, 04:06 AM
i suggest polish the arts more
12-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvert View Post
Good point. I will probably play with those text colors to get them a little better at some point.

I will hopefully post a video or two in a while, but I think I might leave it several days until I have hammered out some of the performance issues. The performance issues being it having mediocre frame rates in battle and it taking too long to load the character screen and swap between characters.
Speaking of performance, will this game be playable on ipod 2G devices?
12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
I like how you created your own unique art style for the game. How many characters can you control at a time? Also, are some of the battlefields bigger than one screen size (i.e. need to scroll around a bit to see everything)?
In the campaign you start out with 2 warriors and battles usually allow you to use somewhere from 2 to 4 warriors at a time. As you progress the battles start to get larger and you start using 6, 8 or even 10 warriors at a time.

Some of the battles are, indeed, larger than the screen and require scrolling. They are never vastly larger but a bit larger. I found the size of battlefield in those screen shots was good for battles up to about 5 on 5 but after that was just too crowded.

Quote:
Speaking of performance, will this game be playable on ipod 2G devices?
Yes, it will be playable on all devices. I actually do a lot of the testing on an ipod 2G.