★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Scrabble for iPad is broken and EA does not care

12-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Scrabble for iPad is broken and EA does not care

Do NOT buy this game.

Whenever I and others try to start the game it crashes. When we try to go to the game in multibar it reverts back to ipad home screen as well. As far as I have read on the itunes store reviews on the app page this game has been broken since at least the beginning of december and some users even claim EA is ignoring and deleting their support tickets.

Any representative from EA Mobile that wishes to respond to this?
12-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammskog View Post
Do NOT buy this game.

Whenever I and others try to start the game it crashes. When we try to go to the game in multibar it reverts back to ipad home screen as well. As far as I have read on the itunes store reviews on the app page this game has been broken since at least the beginning of december and some users even claim EA is ignoring and deleting their support tickets.

Any representative from EA Mobile that wishes to respond to this?
try re installing it or restart your ipad

12-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I bought it yesterday and haven't had any issues. I agree with the above poster--uninstall and reinstall, and reboot your iPad. Hope it works for you...
12-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Had my version since I got iPad, never given me a problem and still works fine...

Usually if an app fails, it's worth trying the reinstall as often mentioned, also try a hard reset by holding power and sleep until it resets.
12-18-2010, 03:18 AM
They did the same for a long time on need for speed shift the UK app store was actually full of reviews saying it was broken for months only recently did they fix it and that was to place adverts. The reviews were so bad I didn't even buy at 59p. I suspect a lot of their other games probably have unaddressed issues as well.

Big companys seem to care the least about support/bugfixing and EA sseems the worst of the lot in this regard although you can also say the same about gameloft and I still like their games mostly.

That being said I have scrabble on my device and never had a problem.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
12-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartbomb View Post
reinstall as often mentioned, also try a hard reset by holding power and sleep until it resets.
I have done both and neither of them makes Scrabble work. Still resets back to home screen. And others have tried those solutions as well and it does not work for them either.

Swedish 16G 3G ipad.
12-18-2010, 10:09 AM
I have had it since I got my iPad back in April.

I play it all the time with no issues.

I would do the same as the above posts
12-18-2010, 10:15 AM
maybe you should read my post just above yours.....
12-18-2010, 10:51 AM
I've never had a problem with it either
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
It is true, Scrabble for IPad is broken when language is not set to English. The app crashes on Finnish version of iOS right at the start. Changing the iPad language to English it works.

I have made a bug report on iTunes store and given Scrabble one-star rating until they fix the issue.