★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: IndieAn
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 57.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.7
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Mach Defense
Description ======================================
Please download the new app, as this version will no longer be supported.
As a paid user, you will be awarded with in-game items worth $2.99 in the new app.
==================================================

## Feature
- Total of 70 different Stages
- Hundreds of new upgraded units from the original Heavy Mach
- More powerful Special Attacks
- Dynamic game-play with MACHs, Turrets, and special abilities
- You can build your own Army of MACHs as you want.

## How to play
1. When the game starts, you will get Energy Cells and enemies will start to attack you
2. As you get more Energy cells build your units for your best defense.
3. You can upgrade your defense or even attack your enemy with your units and special abilities,
4. You can get a new unit each time you clear a stage
5. As you clear more stages, you will get Cr points to buy items or upgrade your units
6. You can also upgrade your base for a stronger defense.
12-18-2010, 05:53 PM
so is this tower defense? more than one gameplay screen would help. i don't know if the description text was purposely or unpurposely vague - they never used the word "tower"

12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Sort of but not really.

Two opposing bases. Yours against the enemy. You build machs to assault the other base while the opposing base sends tanks at you with defense turrets along the way.

If you were a fan of the heavy mach II, this is a no brainer at $1.

Later on in the games stages, I found myself getting awarded new machs with none appearing. Is the developer going to release more types along the way.

Missile Machs are the way to go.
12-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Lots of fun! Loved Heavy Mach, and this is more tank/mech graphical and gameplay goodness. Haven't had a chance to use the Formation button though...is this something that will be enabled later?

ScbyPwr: You need to Uninstall the Machs you don't want any more, and install the new ones to the panel on the right.
01-08-2011, 01:19 AM
One of my favorite apps:] gotta love this!the Mach series rules!

Favorites: NS Hex/Puzzle, Warzone: Anomaly.
Playing: Fara, A Big Game.
Waiting for:T7G:Infection(U), World Fighters ,Legion of the Damned
01-09-2011, 01:37 AM
This is such an awesome game, i really urge people to get it if they like their defence games, it's much like all the very best bits of Heavy Mach 2 taken and refined into an even more enjoyable game. Much more immediate, rewarding and just plain compulsive. The variety of mechs, weapons, maps, upgrades, enemies is fantastic.

Please don't over-look this one folks... Judging by the tiny Gamecenter leader board it's gone largely unnoticed so far, and that's almost criminal IMO...
01-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartbomb View Post
This is such an awesome game, i really urge people to get it if they like their defence games, it's much like all the very best bits of Heavy Mach 2 taken and refined into an even more enjoyable game. Much more immediate, rewarding and just plain compulsive. The variety of mechs, weapons, maps, upgrades, enemies is fantastic.

Please don't over-look this one folks... Judging by the tiny Gamecenter leader board it's gone largely unnoticed so far, and that's almost criminal IMO...
Is there any video for it?

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Man do I love this game. I can't believe it's not getting more love. It's one of my favorites on the ipad (or any ios device, for that matter).
01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
yeah video would be nice. i LOVED HM1 but didn't like 2 (not a fan of line drawing games) but this might be different enough from that.
01-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Finally finished all 70 levels.

Some quick thoughts. For one, I think the special weapons are a bit too powerful. After a certain point, I knew that I could *never* die in a map since I could just bomb the enemy whenever I wanted.

While I do love the core gameplay, there's no story at all, nor are the maps creative in any way. I feel that there is so much potential to make something special, but the devs just took the easy way out. This is what separates the great successes of the app store from games like this.

Keep in mind that I happily played through all 70 levels and enjoyed every second of it. I just think some creativity would have gone a long way.