★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

seems like there's a new game coming out every hour

12-18-2010, 04:36 PM
seems like there's a new game coming out every hour

did anyone notice how many games are coming out lately?
12-18-2010, 04:48 PM
One just now came out while I was typing.

12-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
One just now came out while I was typing.
One just came out while I was reading that one came out while you were typing.

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps
12-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Another one came out when i was reading that reply to that posting of another one coming.

Strife: Quest for the Sigil - FPS/RPG blend of action!
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
A lot of .99c indie apps. Granted, they are of the more high caliber variety, but these types of games rarely grab my attention. Others feel differently, and that's fine.

The biggest part of the appstore to me is the whole anticipation angle. Games rarely satisfy the anticipation of waiting for them. Which isn't to say that the games are bad. I'm not disappointed with any of the 11 premium games I purchased over the last two weeks.

But there are virtualy no games left to anticipate, and that saddens me. It's just not the same, once everything has already came out. Waiting is half the enjoyment. To be honest, the waiting is actually more than half the enjoyment. It's more like 60% of the enjoyment. for me, anyway.

Other than two Gameloft games that generate lukewarm interest for me, at best, there really is nothing substanial left looming in the proverbial pipe line

Other than games like Forgotten Memories and Mission Europa, which have had developmental cycles so long that they feel more like myth than reality.
12-18-2010, 06:24 PM
funny

I never in my life had laugh so much until I came to TA . People pay 5-7 bucks for a gread game , then bitch and moan ohh its not console like. The games are good period and yet thier so much complaining its hilarious . I know Hodapp doctor told him you can only come on TA only 2 hours a day or die of laughter. Amazing how everyone is " disappointed" !!
12-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPlayer3000 View Post
I never in my life had laugh so much until I came to TA . People pay 5-7 bucks for a gread game , then bitch and moan ohh its not console like. The games are good period and yet thier so much complaining its hilarious . I know Hodapp doctor told him you can only come on TA only 2 hours a day or die of laughter. Amazing how everyone is " disappointed" !!
TA forum isn't that funny, at least compared to some other one I'm on.
12-18-2010, 06:40 PM
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
TA forum isn't that funny, at least compared to some other one I'm on.
What has more complaining then TA except for the minigore website where they thrash and verbally abuse the developers.
12-18-2010, 06:51 PM
I normally just skim through the new games in AppShopper but yea, there are many newer games coming out recently that I'm finding a need to be further scrutinize then usual. Not complaining or anything...
12-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
A lot of .99c indie apps. Granted, they are of the more high caliber variety, but these types of games rarely grab my attention. Others feel differently, and that's fine.

The biggest part of the appstore to me is the whole anticipation angle. Games rarely satisfy the anticipation of waiting for them. Which isn't to say that the games are bad. I'm not disappointed with any of the 11 premium games I purchased over the last two weeks.

But there are virtualy no games left to anticipate, and that saddens me. It's just not the same, once everything has already came out. Waiting is half the enjoyment. To be honest, the waiting is actually more than half the enjoyment. It's more like 60% of the enjoyment. for me, anyway.

Other than two Gameloft games that generate lukewarm interest for me, at best, there really is nothing substanial left looming in the proverbial pipe line

Other than games like Forgotten Memories and Mission Europa, which have had developmental cycles so long that they feel more like myth than reality.
There's still quite a few big games coming early next year to look forward to.

- Dead Space 2
- Shadow Sun
- Jet Car Stunts 2
- Perfect Cell
- Space Fracture
- Modern Combat: Domination

And probably a load more that haven't been announced yet.

Hakuna Matata

Last edited by LBG; 12-18-2010 at 07:09 PM.