★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

nova 2 or dungeon hunter 2

12-19-2010, 01:08 AM
nova 2 or dungeon hunter 2

i just got aralon and i only have enough for 1 so which one? and how well will both work on an ipod touch3g(32gb) also for the multiplayer on both how easy is it to find a full game. star battalion is a third choice but only if alot of people play it online.

thanks for any help
12-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Definitely NOVA 2. I just finally beat the game and I have to say it now ties the original NOVA as my favorite Gameloft game of all time. You won't do wrong when purchasing NOVA 2.

12-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlyHigh View Post
i just got aralon and i only have enough for 1 so which one? and how well will both work on an ipod touch3g(32gb) also for the multiplayer on both how easy is it to find a full game. star battalion is a third choice but only if alot of people play it online.

thanks for any help
It really depends upon if you liked the first dungeon hunter a lot and which genre you like more.

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
12-19-2010, 01:22 AM
ohh thanks for the replys and i havent tried the first dungeon hunter. also can you choose your loadout like what weps you use in nova 2? or is it like the first one in which you just pick up the weps
12-19-2010, 01:41 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
ohh thanks for the replys and i havent tried the first dungeon hunter. also can you choose your loadout like what weps you use in nova 2? or is it like the first one in which you just pick up the weps
You pick up new weapons as you progress in the game.
12-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
You choose the loadouts as you get higher and higher ranked in nova 2 just like you do in mc2, but there are also weapons to pick up around the map. It's very balanced and gives beginners a change to contend with players who are level 50+. Since you already have Aralon, go with Nova 2. It's my favorite Gameloft game so far, and that's really saying something since I'm a big fan.
12-19-2010, 01:54 AM
well it looks like ill be picking up nova 2 but how well will it run on a ipod touch 3g(32gb) and how will the graphics be on my ipod
12-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
well it looks like ill be picking up nova 2 but how well will it run on a ipod touch 3g(32gb) and how will the graphics be on my ipod
It'll run perfectly, but of course the graphics will be dumbed down by quite a bit since you're missing retina.
12-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
It'll run perfectly, but of course the graphics will be dumbed down by quite a bit since you're missing retina.
Not really I just took these couple of shots on mine graphics are still great gameplay is very fluid dont forget the touch 3rd gen 32gb and 64gb has exactly the same graphics chip as the 4 series.

I like both dungeon hunter 2 and Nova 2 though so it's really what genre you prefer more both are good games.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
12-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Not really I just took these couple of shots on mine graphics are still great gameplay is very fluid dont forget the touch 3rd gen 32gb and 64gb has exactly the same graphics chip as the 4 series.
Wrong. The 3rd gen is missing the Retina screen (the 4th gen is missing PROPER Retina screen as well so that's a moot point) and only have 3GS hardware. Now big levels/lotsa players multiplayer matches run like utter shit on 3GS so be aware of that.