• Publisher: Bytebin
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 6.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: *** Includes all-new epic INVASION mode! Check out our gameplay video: http://smasheroid.com ***

- GamePro iOS Game of the Day 1/11/11
- "Entertaining gameplay, with plenty of variation to boot", SlideToPlay.com
- "inviting for anyone to play... Recommended!", AppAdvice

For too long, spaceships have hunted helpless space rocks for their mineral bounty or just for so-called "fun". Well, now it's time for some sweet, sweet REVENGE!

Drag or flick your space rocks straight into those pesky, cowardly ships and show humankind a thing or two about vengeance. Rocks won't be the only source of debris after you've smashed, crushed, whomped, and walloped those pathetic little invasion fleets.

- Four unique modes of play: Revenge, Loner, Matchmaker, and Invasion
- Gradually increasing difficulty as you progress through the game
- Multiple enemy ship and bullet types
- Forgiving touch controls grab the nearest space rock, allowing you to keep your eyes on the action!
- Crunchy retro sound effects
- Game Center integration with leaderboards

NOTE: This game is in no way affiliated or related to any other classic games involving space rocks and/or debris.

mklaurence's comments:
Punkbot is proud to announce it's newest game, SMASHEROID!

For too long, spaceships have hunted helpless asteroids for their mineral bounty or just for so-called "fun".

Well, it's time to get some sweet, sweet REVENGE! Drag or flick your asteroids straight into those pesky, cowardly ships and show humankind a thing or two about vengeance. Asteroids won't be the only source of debris after you've smashed, crushed, whomped, and walloped those pathetic little invasion fleets.

And, since we love the TouchArcade community so much , we're ready to send out a bunch of promo codes! Please reply to this thread if you want one! I apologize in advance if you post early and don't receive a response quickly, as it's nearly 5 AM here in Chicago and definitely past time to get to bed. But I'll be looking at my inbox in the morning

Gameplay video (including "Invasion" mode sneak peek!)

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-19-2010, 05:54 AM
/must own

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

12-19-2010, 06:08 AM
I loved while paying it in beta testing. A simple but entertaining concept!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
12-19-2010, 06:59 AM
I would like to play the game
12-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed4mee View Post
I would like to play the game
Hey speed4mee, your inbox is full, so I can't send you a code!

Lead developer at Bytebin (@bytebin)
Get info on our online 2D sandbox adventure game Deepworld (@deepworldgame)!
(and check out Smasheroid, our retro spaceship-bashing extravaganza!)
12-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Inbox is free
12-19-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd love a promo! Thanks!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
12-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Cool game idea! Id like a code.
12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
This looks like a neat game idea that I would love to try out.

12-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Impressions

Awesome retro style game, and best of all, it's universal. Gameplay is a twist in asteroids where you control the asteroids and try to foil the humans plot to destroy you. The game currently features three gameplay modes, each with a goal of ultimately getting a high score. The game is definitely fun, and certainly a fresh new take on asteroids.