★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Spartan Athletics (Now FREE)

12-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Spartan Athletics (Now FREE)

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that Spartan Athletics is now available in the App Store.

Spartan Athletics is a gesture based track and field game, with a Spartan twist. The controls are simple and effective, making for some very enjoyable gameplay, and with characters like Colossalopoulos and Thickilakis, you will have one hell of a smile on your face while you play.

iTunes Link - Spartan Athletics

I have attached some screen shots for your viewing pleasure.

If you want to know more, visit our website and get to know the characters. It is good for a chuckle :-)

SpartanApps Website

Leave some feedback. We would love to hear what you have to say. What is good? What is bad? What would you like to see more of? We listen to our customers and we want to make one hell of a game for us all to enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100m_screen_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	27689   Click image for larger version

Name:	1500m_screen_04.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	27690   Click image for larger version

Name:	discus_screen_04.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	27691  

Click image for larger version

Name:	high_jump_screen_06.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	27692   Click image for larger version

Name:	javelin_screen_04.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	27693   Click image for larger version

Name:	long_jump_screen_04.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	27694  

12-19-2010, 07:44 AM
You aren't giving yourself much of a chance pricing this at $6 without so much as a lite. With a lite, and if the game just happens to be no less than outstanding, you'd merely have yourself a real uphill battle. I'd take a chance on something like this for a buck or two, and honestly I think I'm in the minority there.

12-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Yep 6 bucks is to much to ask no matter how good the game actually is people are not going to take a chance and get it, they would save theremoney for games like aralon or a big title, for 1 or 2 bucks you would get more people buying it and therefore your game is more likely to get noticed (that's what you want to happen if your want sales)

http://www.planetminecraft.com/serve...creative-more/
Check out this sweet minecraft server with factions, survival, creative, 5 types of minigames (including parkour with 5 different courses) as well as skyblock and skygrid worlds!
Join with the address: mc.eternalempire.co.uk
12-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Ok, you both make valid points. I will drop the price as an introductory offer and see what happens.
12-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Oh, and a lite version is on the way, along with an iPad specific version. Its just a tough time of year to get things organised with people away on holiday.
12-21-2010, 07:13 AM
This looks pretty good but yeah, glad you dropped the price as I can buy it now. The iPhone is for casual games, not expensive games
12-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabacus View Post
This looks pretty good but yeah, glad you dropped the price as I can buy it now. The iPhone is for casual games, not expensive games
That might be true for you, but not for everybody. Still a cheap intro-price for something new and unknown is always a good idea. thanks
12-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Spartan Athletics - Filling the Track & field Gap!

Hi All,

We have had some very positive feedback on our new release, Spartan Athletics. This is the track & field game that the app store has been waiting for!

People are loving the gesture-based controls, likening it to the nintendo wii :-)

So take a look and tell us what you think.

The more feedback we get, the better we can make the game! We want all of you to be Spartan Athletes :-)

12-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Hello again!

Im not sure if any all of you noticed but our promo code give away has sadly ended...

BUT!

We ran a similar competition on 148apps.com

and what did we learn... the forums at 148apps.com are boring, although the website itself is nice

So, we are thinking of running another promo code competition here :-)

The previous competition was based on comments on the game. Best comments got the code. Here is the thread if you want to check it out

This time, we want to run the competition based on what you think of Toucharcade forums (which are awesome :-)), oh, and you can slam 148apps.com forums if your like...

Would there be any interest in a competition like that?

Is it bad karma to run a competition like that?

All thoughts are welcome (and the best thoughts may even get a promo code... )

Cheers

SpartanApps
12-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
That might be true for you, but not for everybody. Still a cheap intro-price for something new and unknown is always a good idea. thanks
Hmm, can you really do serious gaming on a iPhone? It's great for killing time, but I don't see playing a long game on it.

I have seen some of the new stuff and yes, it looks amazing, but I don't know if that's enough