★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Touch arcade as an app?

12-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Touch arcade as an app?

Hello TA'res, i hope this subject has not been disscused yet but I was wondering if we could have Touch Arcade as an app, just like Facebook or any other app with easier navigation. I am 90% on my iPhone and would like to access it without oppening my safari. What do you guys think?
12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
That would be awesome! Opening the site from your iphone goes way too slow.

Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 TouchArcade contest!
FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

12-19-2010, 04:52 PM
This is an idea that was thrown around quite a bit a while back, but it has never come to fruition. It seems like a shoe-in, but it also seems cursed to never ever happen

I did see an app that was in production whose purpose was to streamline the viewing of message boards powered by vBulletin (like Touch Arcade), but I don't know what happened to that.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
12-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Thank you for your input guys. Yeah, it would make a huge difference in navigating TA through my iPhone. I want to have it in my phone so that i can recieve notification and alerts in the latest news, reply to my posts and so on. I am even willing to shed some money to well and smooth TA app.
12-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I thought I read a post by IMNS in that thread about having a filter so universal apps are easier to find for iPad owners. I think he said it could be implemented later after other site projects are met like the TA app. But I dunno..
12-19-2010, 06:49 PM
For a quick fix now, go to the TA site on your iDevice. Hit the + symbol on the bottom, then hit Add to Home Screen.
It's not great, but it'll do for now. TA tends to be very laggy on my phone, presumably because of the amount of stuff on the site. I think the site could use with a bit of tidying up-I find there to be a lot of unnecessary info o nthe front page that makes it look cluttered and makes the site slower
Just a thought
12-19-2010, 06:57 PM
I wish there was a TouchArcade app...

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
12-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubba View Post
For a quick fix now, go to the TA site on your iDevice. Hit the + symbol on the bottom, then hit Add to Home Screen.
It's not great, but it'll do for now. TA tends to be very laggy on my phone, presumably because of the amount of stuff on the site. I think the site could use with a bit of tidying up-I find there to be a lot of unnecessary info o nthe front page that makes it look cluttered and makes the site slower
Just a thought
Thanks for the tip, will do that.
12-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Its still in the works. No idea how its progressing though.

Btw, feel free to leave any suggestions or ideas you have about the TA app (interface, content etc). Its quite possible that some of these ideas will get implemented.
12-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Imnosuperman is my superman

Maybenotnow Productions