★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Check out the new trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO8lNyoI9Yk

Shelly the Shell Master is a new take on the classic shell game, only this time you play with Shelly, a cute octopus that loves nothing more than to put his 8 arms to good use by shuffling shells. Just don't make him cry!

Don't worry, Shelly is not a scam artist, he'll play the game fair and square, though don't let his cuteness fool you, he can prove to be quite the challenge even for the most dedicated shell game fans.

If 1 ball and multiple shells and speed increments are not enough, how would you feel about following 2 balls at once? What about 3?!

There 3 game modes available: Arcade, Classic and Focus.

Arcade is the meat of the game. You start with 3 shells and 1 ball and the speed increases rapidly. If you manage to survive, Shelly will add either another shell or ball and reset the speed, giving you some much needed respite. Every time Shelly will take longer to add new shells or balls, making it that much more difficult to reach the speed reset. This is the only mode where you have 2 lives.

Classic is the typical shell game you're used to. You start with 3 shells and 1 ball and the starting speed is slower than Arcade. If you do well, Shelly will add more shells, up to 5. The speed always continues to increase though, so watch out!

Focus is a test of concentration. You start with 3 shells and 3 balls, which you must follow simultaneously. When Shelly stops shuffling he'll ask for one ball at random, so you have to know the position of every ball if you want to do well. In this mode the speed is slower than in the others and Shelly doesn't add more shells.

You can compete to be the best in the world in every game mode with OpenFeint leaderboards. You can also share your scores on Facebook.

Features:

*The definitive shell game experience on iOS.

* Beautiful retina graphics on supporting devices.

* 3 modes of play! The shell game like you've never seen before.

* OpenFeint leaderboards to compete against the world.

* Facebook integration, so you can let your friends know your awesome scores.

* Impress your friends with amazing octopus facts delivered by none other than Professor Shelly.

*Alternatively you can get your fortune told by Shelly the Magnificent (we hear octopuses are really good at this stuff).

Enjoy this timeless game that's easy enough for everybody to play, but challenging enough for the most dedicated.
12-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Shelly the Shell Master

Our first game is now live! and we have a freshly baked new trailer, I hope you guys enjoy it.

12-26-2010, 09:08 PM
is doodle jumper a physics type game?
12-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sparks
Cool

Check out my newest game 'Tiled': 'Tiled' (iTunes)
12-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
Cool
Why, thank you! I hope people catch the reference in the trailer.
12-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Shelly is FREE!!! for a limited time

As part of the Third Annual New Year App Blowout Shelly the Shell Master is FREE.

Take the chance to try the game out, there's nothing to lose.

If a kind mod could change the thread title I'd appreciate it.
12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
Just a friendly reminder that Shelly will be FREE till after the New Year's.

And if a friendly mod could help me out with the title that'd be great.
01-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Shelly made the top 200 in Games/Family in the US!!!

I know it may not seem very impressive to some of you, but it's a great achievement for my little game, so thanks for all your support.

Also thanks to the kind mod that changed the title. The game is still free, so be sure to check it out if you haven't.
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Featured interview

I know I'm probably talking to myself here, but I was just featured in the First Developer Spotlight over at AppUnderdogs, a new site dedicated to finding hidden gems in the App Store.

I mainly talk about how I was able to develop the game in 6 weeks with no prior development experience and might be an interesting read for those of you thinking about iOS development.

http://www.appunderdogs.com/?p=43
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Shelly 1.1 Update is live

Just a quick FWY, the 1.1 update is live on the store. It fixes a startup crash on iPod Touch 2G and has much improved startup loading times (the continues to be no loading in game)

Also now all text is retina supported.

I hope the people that weren't able to play it before can enjoy it now.