★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real Racing GTI achievement broken - others?

12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Real Racing GTI achievement broken - others?

Real Racing GTI's achievements are broken. Specfically "Marathon". I got it in-game (twice actually, since it wiped my achievements after I tried to "sync" my game), but it won't show up in Game Center.

Besides being really annoying, things like this always make me wonder whether any of the other games from the same dev are safe to purchase.

Anyone else seeing this?
12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
These are mostly issues caused by Game Center, not Firemint.
12-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylasian View Post
These are mostly issues caused by Game Center, not Firemint.
That's not clear to me at all. I tried reinstalling the game and getting the achievement again. Still nothing in Game Center. Then I tried reinstalling and "syncing" with CloudCell, and only the Real Racer achievement showed up in my in-game list. So clearly things aren't even syncing right with their own network.

Meanwhile I have nearly 50 Game Center games with only one issue: Cut the Rope, but this was caused by poor handling of the "total number" type of counting achievements, and I was able to get it by installing separately on my iPad.

So in my experience it's always been the dev.
12-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmster View Post
Real Racing GTI's achievements are broken. Specfically "Marathon". I got it in-game (twice actually, since it wiped my achievements after I tried to "sync" my game), but it won't show up in Game Center.

Besides being really annoying, things like this always make me wonder whether any of the other games from the same dev are safe to purchase.

Anyone else seeing this?
Hi swarmster,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you please head over to our support site and enter this as a 'problem' if the achievement still isn't appearing in your Game Center account?

Thanks!
12-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemint Sam View Post
Hi swarmster,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you please head over to our support site and enter this as a 'problem' if the achievement still isn't appearing in your Game Center account?

Thanks!
Done, here: http://getsatisfaction.com/firemint/...roken_marathon

Thanks for the reply.
12-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmster View Post
Thank you