★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 519.3 MB
  • Version: 1.4.9
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The ultimate sci-fi FPS is back! Get ready to step into a whole new level of gaming on your Apple device!

BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER!
- Meet new enemies with improved AI!
- Master a larger range of weapons & powers
- Much more diversified gameplay: run, shoot, fall, drive a motorbike, pilot a giant mech, and blast a laser
- The more, the merrier, now with up to 10 players in 10 multiplayer maps
- Build a career and rise through the multiplayer leaderboard
- Explore new locations, offering amazing graphics
- Enjoyed the first N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance? Be rewarded with extra bonuses.
---------------------------------------------
IGN: "Using your sci-fi boom-boom is made easier thanks to the gyro, which Gameloft used to great effect."
Pocket Gamer: "N.O.V.A. 2 promises to be the complete iPhone and iPod touch shooter experience."
TouchGen: "Fans of the original are unlikely to be disappointed."
6 years have passed since the events depicted in the first episode.
Humanity is now thrown into a bloody civil war fought on one side by the central government of the Terran Orbitals and the self-appointed Human-Alien Alliance; a new organization with a mysterious origin and agenda. Kal Wardin left active service in N.O.V.A. years ago and now lives among the colonists of the desert planet Scorpius.
But war never spares even the most peaceful places...

AN UNPARALLELED SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN:
- 12 chapters taking you through hostile, yet amazing environments of various Orbitals
- Over a dozen weapons including the Dual Hand Guns, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Automatic Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Alien Plasma Gun, Alien Lightning Gun, Alien Laser Gun, Turrets, Frag Grenades and Mines
- 3 special powers: Freeze, Slow Time and Disc for melee combat
- A wide range of enemies with improved AI, for even more intense combats

INTENSE MULTIPLAYER MODES:
- 1~10 players online or locally
- 5 modes: Free for All, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Freeze Tag, and InstaGib
- Ranking & Perk systems
- 10 maps on which to battle it out
- Play against your friends or the entire world through Gameloft LIVE!
- Worldwide leaderboards in the game & on the official website, www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com

EXCLUSIVE REWARDS FOR VETERAN PLAYERS
If you played the first episode:
- Jump into multiplayer with bonus XP, allowing you access to advanced weaponry
- Unlock a special achievement on Gameloft LIVE!

JOIN THE FIGHT WITH MANY OTHER FANS!
Enlist on Twitter @NOVA_fps
Visit www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com for more information.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

12-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Now we're talking. I'm not even gonna wait for a sale on this one. I'm gonna play this to death the minute I reboot my device after installing. The iPhone 4 version roxxx!!!!

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ

12-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Cool, and just in time for wednesday night when the missus goes out for her christmas party.
12-20-2010, 06:51 AM
And for the Filesize Freaks

739 MB
12-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Still think iPhone 4 is much better for gaming, IMO the controls are just too hard and if your using the iPad at home play a real console if your taking it out iPhone way more practical.
12-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez View Post
Still think iPhone 4 is much better for gaming, IMO the controls are just too hard and if your using the iPad at home play a real console if your taking it out iPhone way more practical.
I completely disagree with this. I find myself playing games on my ipad much more than my ps3 or wii. I like that there are constantly new games coming out and they are much cheaper than console games. I honestly dont remember the last time I played a game on my ipod touch, its been months, I dont like playing on the small screen now that Im used to the larger ipad screen.
12-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek800 View Post
I completely disagree with this. I find myself playing games on my ipad much more than my ps3 or wii. I like that there are constantly new games coming out and they are much cheaper than console games. I honestly dont remember the last time I played a game on my ipod touch, its been months, I dont like playing on the small screen now that Im used to the larger ipad screen.
+1 to those comments
12-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
I dont own a console, so my iPad or PSP are my only gaming devices. I like the iPad controls, and found them very use on Nova 1 and Modern Combat 1 and 2
12-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
+1 to those comments
Add me in.

Quote:
All my iPhone 4 has going for it is the screen clarity. As for gaming, 98% of what I buy now is solely to be played on the iPad. I still keep 10 or so games in the iPhone just for pick-up-and-play when I don't have the iPad near me. Games like Canabalt, Sentinel 3, Gravity Guy, Fragger, Super Stick Golf, or Hook Champ. I would play iPhone versions of big games sometimes (Infinity Blade, NOVA2) before deleting them and playing them in the iPad instead. Especially first person shooters like NOVA or Black Pegasus, they feel kinda claustrophobic in the iPhone's small screen when a lot of stuff is going on (running and shooting in panic mode).

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
12-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek800 View Post

I agree. The iPad is really a better experience for gaming.

I haven't been too excited for any XBox 360 releases this year. The only 2 I was really anticipating were Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption.

Next year though, is a year when the iPad will get less love from me in the fall. XBox 360 has some games releasing which I'm truly excited for:

Elderscrolls V: Skyrim

Mass Effect 3

Batman: Arkham City

Bioshock: Infinite

Forza 4

Gears of War 3

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81