★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Energy Empire - Realtime Strategy MMOG (FREE!!!)

12-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Energy Empire - Realtime Strategy MMOG (FREE!!!)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Energy Empire - First iphone realtime strategy MMOG and it’s FREE!!!
MMOG not only comes to iPhone but also adapt to iPhone. When you are online, all combat happens in real-time. With seamlessly AI takeover, you won’t lose a beat when you are offline or temporarily lost connection.

* Fight your friend or stranger on empire next to you in real-time.
* Destroy enemy’s building to gain energy reward and interfere his development.
* Defense your empire by deploying towers like classic TowerMadness plus casting special skills if you are online.

* Invite your friend to be your ally in order to form stronger empire and you can steal each other’s energy when he/she forget to collect.
* Chat with your allies when they are online at the same time.
* Share your strategy on EnergyEmpire Facebook fan page.

* Planning what to develop to gain strategic advantage.
* Energy generation facilities:
- Wind-power plant: level 1, 2, 3.
- Hydro-power plant: level 1, 2, 3.
- Thermal-power plant: level 1, 2, 3.
- Solar-power plant: level 1, 2, 3.
- Nuclear-power plant: level 1, 2, 3.
* Military facilities:
- Mortar: level 1, 2, 3.
- Missile tower: level 1, 2, 3.
- Energy shield: level 1, 2, 3.
- Tank: level 1, 2, 3.
- Fighter jet: level 1, 2, 3.

* Use buzz wisely to speed up development and building.
* Buzz can cure army and repair buildings.
* Buzz charger monster generates free buzz daily up to charge zone capacity.
* Invest bigger charger monster to pump more free buzz daily.
* Check out more at “Buzz Store”

Visit energyempire.ifunplay.com for more information.
12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Not a good first impression

Ok, for free I figured I'd try and post impressions. I have been on the hunt for a GOOD MMOG for the ipod Touch/iPhone for quite some time. Don't like Haypi Kingdom, KaW isn't much better, Sega's Kingdom Conquest has some good ideas but falls way short.

Looking at this one and seeing what looks to be a cross between an RTS and a social kingdom building game, had me interested.

Downloaded, started playing the tutorial. Not bad graphics, UI was decent enough and can be closed so as to not take up space.

I made my first buildings, started training troops, went to the map to see other islands as the tutorial instructed, came back and my base was already gone. My island appeared to belong to another player.

While I was sitting there trying to figure out wtf happened, that square that I started on changed ownership AGAIN. And someone else started building there immediately.

This is just complete and utter BS...lol. I deleted this faster than any game I've had so far. No warning of an attack? Attack happens during the damn tutorial? Or was that just a bug that kept giving my base to new players joining the game? Either way can't say I'm interested in coming back after that.
12-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi, funkyflychicken,
That was system problem we had for few mins, I am really sorry that you just run into that mingle.
It's all good now! Plz try again! (shoot me email w/ ur playerId, we would love to give you buzz for a little game boost!)
12-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I got beaten by a guy - "Beezlebulb"
Come to join "Lukeo2700" and challenge him/her!
12-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll try again later on today, and see what happens.
12-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I logged in and tried again. This time at least the building phase seemed to go smoothly, although my account was gone (I had to re-create my login info). Oddly enough, even tho I had to make a new account (Still "McFunk"), the tutorial was gone and I had to rebuild my entire base again from scratch.

But I did that, got the basics up for defenses, and decided to see about this attacking bit. I started attacking someone to an island to the left of me, made a swarm of planes and tanks, sent them all out to attack (Can you only select one unit at a time? Wish there was a way to drag and select a bunch at once).

This was going ok, until CRASH. I think I took out one of his windmills, and was attacking mortars with tanks and planes when the crash happened.

When I came back in, there was no info of the battle. I couldn't see that it had even taken place! I tried to go back to each island and see if there was info, but it just wanted me to launch a brand new attack.

It seems like you have the groundwork for what could be a promising game, but a few design issues I think will hold it back (Unless you can start to conquer other islands and spread/expand somehow later in the game).

There should at least be a protection period during the tutorial, while people get a feel for the game. Maybe have them do a "simulated" attack on an AI enemy for that section of the tutorial. There needs to be better info also on attacks and what is going on. Maybe a log page or something.

This game has potential, it just feels like it's still in beta and missing a few tweaks and features. And server stability is going to make or break it once those things are worked out.