★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ariaOD
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: PALBO

Get addicted to Palbo - the new and addictive strategy card game - FULL VERSION.

Palbo is played on a 3x3 board. The beautiful Palbo photo cards can be flipped and captured depending on number values that are shown on the cards. Higher numbers beat lower numbers - but: there are simple but special rules that make it so exciting! You need to find the right strategy to beat your opponent. Special combos can turn a lost game into a victory with the last card! Winning higher level cards enables you to beat stronger opponents.
Palbo is loosely inspired from the famous Final Fantasy VIII mini-game Triple Triad - but it adds so many features that it is a game on it's own.

Key Features:
-------------------------
- Challenge the strong game AI in the single player mode, win (and lose) cards
- Beautiful photo card deck with 63 cards of 7 different card levels to win and collect
- Comprehensive and challenging rule set including SAME, PLUS, WALL and COMBO rules
- Different battle match locations with different rule sets and different difficultiy levels
- Select your best hand cards out of the set of cards that you own
- Compete against a friend in a battle match (one device only in FREE version)
- Create special custom photo cards with your images (trial only in FREE version)
- In-game help manual available explaining all the rules
- Full game and card deck statistics and nice sound effects
- Retina display support on all device orientations

Additional Key Features of the Full Version:
- No advertisements in the game
- Challenge real opponents in multiplayer battle matches via Game Center (Internet) and Bluetooth
- Win (and lose) special cards (card levels 8 and higher)
- Create special custom photo cards with your images that can be used in battle matches
- Lost cards can make their way around the world - custom cards are unique!

Coming soon:
--------------------------
- Trade cards (your special custom photo cards) with your friends via Bluetooth and Facebook

Customer reviews:
Tom: "Wow, this is really addictive. It is definitely not another triple triad clone. With the option to create custom cards it's a completly new game."
Sarah: "It's so much fun to try and win lost custom cards back from your opponents."

Available languages: English
12-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Fully Playable FREE Version Available!

12-20-2010, 10:45 AM
PALBO

Get addicted to Palbo - the new and addictive strategy card game - FULL VERSION.

Palbo is played on a 3x3 board. The beautiful Palbo photo cards can be flipped and captured depending on number values that are shown on the cards. Higher numbers beat lower numbers - but: there are simple but special rules that make it so exciting! You need to find the right strategy to beat your opponent. Special combos can turn a lost game into a victory with the last card! Winning higher level cards enables you to beat stronger opponents.
Palbo is loosely inspired from the famous Final Fantasy VIII mini-game Triple Triad - but it adds so many features that it is a game on it's own.

Key Features:
- Challenge the strong game AI in the single player mode, win (and lose) cards
- Beautiful photo card deck with 63 cards of 7 different card levels to win and collect
- Comprehensive and challenging rule set including SAME, PLUS, WALL and COMBO rules
- Different battle match locations with different rule sets and different difficultiy levels
- Select your best hand cards out of the set of cards that you own
- Compete against a friend in a battle match (one device only in FREE version)
- Create special custom photo cards with your images (trial only in FREE version)
- In-game help manual available explaining all the rules
- Full game and card deck statistics and nice sound effects
- Retina display support on all device orientations

Additional Key Features of the Full Version:
- No advertisements in the game
- Challenge real opponents in multiplayer battle matches via Game Center (Internet) and Bluetooth
- Win (and lose) special cards (card levels 8 and higher)
- Create special custom photo cards with your images that can be used in battle matches
- Lost cards can make their way around the world - custom cards are unique!

Coming soon:
--------------------------
- Trade cards (your special custom photo cards) with your friends via Bluetooth and Facebook

Available languages: English

https://sites.google.com/site/palbocards
12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
All,

this is a funny little game with a strong AI that requires a strategy to win. I hope you like it.
Maybe we can have a multi player game and I can win some of your cards.

Here are a few codes - have fun (for a code I ask for feedback / rating - be it good or bad):

4H79YPFY7P3Y
X4YPMMRLYEF4
NE47E6AT9XRL
KAKFHL9P4FRM
RT673H6W4HJP

Best regards,

ariaOD - developer of Palbo
12-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Awesome the paid version is out. I'm gonna make me some cards now. Gameplay is very much like final fantasy 8's card game. Tried the free version which was pretty fun. Bought already. Btw how does the plus combo work? I tried figuring it out but just can't see it. What plus with what?
12-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronic View Post
Awesome the paid version is out. I'm gonna make me some cards now. Gameplay is very much like final fantasy 8's card game. Tried the free version which was pretty fun. Bought already. Btw how does the plus combo work? I tried figuring it out but just can't see it. What plus with what?
Hi Baronic,

let's do an example for the PLUS! rule. Let's take the following situation as starting point:

Now you (as the blue player) have three options to benefit from the plus rule. Put either the Soap Bubble card, or the Narcissus card or the Light Bulb card in the field in the center of the Palbo board. All three cards will create a Plus! situation with the red Pumpkin and Creek cards.
  • Soap Bubble: 6 + 3 = 5 + 4 = 9 => Two sides (or more) add up to the same sum => PLUS!
    (6 from Pumpkin on the right side, 5 top side of Creek)
  • Narcissus: 6 + 2 = 5 + 4 = 8 => PLUS!
  • Light Bulb: 6 + 1 = 5 + 2 = 7 => PLUS!

Note that (if Combo rule is activated) both Pumkin and Creek will Combo-Flip the Glasses card since they have higher values: 4 > 2, 3 > 1. So this is a COMBO. The Sunflowers card is Combo-flipped by the Pumpkin card as well. The final result will be the following (and you will most probably win the battle! )

Best regards,

ariaod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	palbo_plus_rule_1.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	484.2 KB
ID:	27928   Click image for larger version

Name:	palbo_plus_rule_2.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	27929   Click image for larger version

Name:	palbo_plus_rule_3.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	484.7 KB
ID:	27930  

Last edited by ariaod; 12-22-2010 at 05:16 AM.
12-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Wow didn't expect an illustrated description but thanks that helped a lot!
12-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronic View Post
Wow didn't expect an illustrated description but thanks that helped a lot!
You are welcome - I am glad if it helped.