★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Help me spend $9.99

12-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Help me spend $9.99

I'm a huge Uncharted and Tomb Raider fan, but right now can only afford to buy 1 iPad game. Touch Arcade's Lara Croft review was surprisingly negative, while Gameloft's penchant for lame knock off's have me nervous to drop 10.00. Is one much better than the other? Are either worth it? Arvice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Daniel
12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malen33 View Post
I'm a huge Uncharted and Tomb Raider fan, but right now can only afford to buy 1 iPad game. Touch Arcade's Lara Croft review was surprisingly negative, while Gameloft's penchant for lame knock off's have me nervous to drop 10.00. Is one much better than the other? Are either worth it? Arvice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Daniel
I'd skip both of them, and get world of goo, Aralon, also space miner hd just came out for 2.99. Any of those would be a good choice.

12-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Get Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD by Gameloft for $0.99, then you've got $8.99 to spend on other games, plus you still get the adventure-platforming action that you like. There are almost a dozen EA iPad games that are worth buying for a dollar each!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Lara Croft is amazing (when it doesn't crash) controls, graphics, framerate and gamelay are great, hopefully they'll patch the crash issue.

Shadow Guardian is...meh, a rip off without the adrenaline pumping action of the real games, when playing through uncharted, i feel danger and a real rush, playing Shadow Guardian, i feel no danger, the climbing is too safe and animations are just jerky, along with a iffy framerate.

Definitely get Lara Croft (if you can deal with the crashing until it's patched)
12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Real Racing!

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
12-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Get ARALON!!!!!!!!!!! Get it and don't look back!
12-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Alaron seems a good idea but its current state is flawed with many non clean port to iPad, I think it's up to the point to damage the fun to play this current version on iPad. On another was it is currently on release sale and you never know what to expect from sales in future.

I haven't play Lara but I'll certainly give it a go later.

For me puzzle Quest 2 played on iPad is the best recent release of all recent games I played. But if you don't like the genre it's not for you.

Dungeon Defender is close in term of pure gameplay fun, despite its current state is flawed with some problems. It's a game mainly designed for multi player but its single player is great. One great thing about it is that's its an uncommon game, I don't think there's any game close released before. Some players quoted Dungeon Keeper and that's a point but I don't think so.

Mmm just quote Dungeon Hunter 2 and Eternal Legacy go on sale not a cheap one but descent if you are in hurry to play them (myself I think I'll let the temptation caught me).
12-20-2010, 02:36 PM
N.O.V.A. 2 is coming to iPad today for $9.99!

If you haven't got these yet...they are all on sale.

Scrabble - $0.99
Fruit Ninja - $0.99
Jenga - $0.99
NFS Hot Pursuit - $0.99
12-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Get Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD by Gameloft for $0.99,
Cool didn't notice, going get it, even if I already know the controls will be too difficult for me.

Myself for current cheap sales at $.99 I'd suggest iPad version of Lord of the Rings Middle Earth Defense, but I don't think TD will match OP preferences.
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Wise suggestions...

Aralon can be a good instabuy, given your preferences.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD can easily match your expectations, it's a good pick also for his actual price of 0,79, which is a really good value considering the game (very well made, if I may say my personal opinion).

In these days you can find also various good EA titles on the Appstore sold at less than one US dollar (though I don't really recommend racing games, since you have different preferences).

You may also find another interesting method to discover good priced apps in these days, try an app like Appshopper, go fetch your favourite games, put them in wish list and activate notification popups then wait just few days: some of them may go underpriced in any moment. But, words apart, methinks Aralon really deserves a chance... ^^

PSN ID: Jools_75
Xbox360 Live, OpenFeint ID: Jools ITA
GameCenter, Plus+, Crystal ID: JoolsITA
(Hard of hearing person, so plz no vocal chat, just happy to have friends ^^)