★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BBC Worldwide
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 79.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: If you strapped a jet engine to a racing car would you be able to make it jump 100ft into the air? Possibly... and in Top Gear Stunt School you can try this plus loads more ridiculous stunts. There are over two billion different combinations of upgrades and add-ons that you can use to modify your car to try to beat the challenges!
60 unique physics-based stunt challenges to complete, with 20 additional sandbox challenges.
Unparalleled level of car customization! Fully customize 9 iconic car types with unlockable upgrades that change how a car drives, like jet engines, monster truck tires, armour plating or cargo wagons over 2 billion different combinations!
Have the Stig test any car you customize on the official Top Gear Test track, then race to beat his time.
Challenge your friends directly to beat your stunt scores and race times with any car you create.
A wide variety of Game Center and OpenFeint achievements that reward experimentation and driving skill.

Brand new content packs: 'Up, Up and Away' and 'Supercharged Powerrr'

Unlock 'Up, Up and Away' now - this pack includes three brilliant new challenges and the brand new Sports Coupe vehicle and Helicopter Blades attachment.

Unlock 'Supercharged Powerrr'. This monster power pack gives all your customiseable parts unlimited fuel. Enjoy! **Once purchased you can find the new part in your Engines menu**
Also available: 'Defying Gravity'
This content pack includes 3 new challenges and a turbo-charged off-road vehicle: The Mud-Plugger.

Other Top Gear Apps include the Cool Wall app, the Who is the Stig app and Wheres Stig. Weve also just launched the Cool Wall app for the iPad.

Stay up to date on Top Gear news:

Like us: www.facebook.com/topgear

Follow us: www.twitter.com/BBC_TopGear

Technical Support: games.support@bbc.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=77681
12-20-2010, 04:44 PM
suspect this may be actually quite fun

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
OVER NINE THOUSAND COMBINATIONS?!
impossible...

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
12-22-2010, 01:54 PM
This game is actually quite good

12-22-2010, 02:02 PM
This is the only part that sounds interesting:

Quote:
Have the Stig test any car you customize on the official Top Gear Test track, then race to beat his time.
Could you provide a video of that?
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hvy4grvty View Post
This is the only part that sounds interesting:
I could but it would be with a rather useless car at the moment Basically the more of the game you play in the challenge mode,the more items you unlock to customise different cars,like jet engines and the like.I've only unlocked a few at the moment.

Did have a go though and Stig races your contraption and on the first go he failed my car Second time he went round the track,then issues you a challenge to beat his time in your contraption of a car that you have made.

Also game has Top Gear Test Track in which you free roam round it trying to collect 256 nuts/bolts,going up ramps and all sorts.
12-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hvy4grvty View Post
This is the only part that sounds interesting:Have the Stig test any car you customize on the official Top Gear Test track, then race to beat his time.
As requested The car is naff tho as haven't unlocked a lot of the stuff as yet

12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Awesome, I'll consider giving it a test run sometime around the new year. Any bugs work mentioning?
04-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Map of top gear stunt school cogs locations

I made a map of the cogs in the free roam mode, using coordinates extracted from the game files, plotted in excel.

PM me if you want the map.
http://cl.ly/AaJ7
-pinchies

Last edited by pinchies; 10-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.