★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Toy Balls! bounces into App Store! [Now FREe -12/may]

12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Send a message via AIM to Appency Send a message via Skype™ to Appency
Toy Balls! bounces into App Store! [Now FREe -12/may]

Toy Balls!, developed by Cazual Games, has released onto the App Store for iPhone and iPad!

Join the fun in the world of Toy Balls!, where balls move and roll across a wooden universe, but beware the electro zapper lying in wait to toast and zap any ball that comes in contact with it. Navigate through the 30+ levels making as many ball connections without hitting the electro zapper. One touch and your balls are toast!

Toy Balls! is a matching-based physics game with a twist…Players must use their quick reflexes to connect and eliminate balls by matching at least 3 of the same kind, while navigating in-level obstacles, labyrinths and mazes. Select and match longer chains to obtain higher points, achievements and the coveted 3-star ranking!

The more balls saved, the more that will fall in the level, making it a race against the clock and the zapper!!

Features:
- 30+ obstacle-filled levels
- 3-star achievements
- Unique game play physics
- Game Center integration
- Player leaderboards
- Achievements
- Balls, lots of balls!

Toy Balls! is $0.99 for iPhone and $1.99 for iPad. Follow Cazual Games on Twitter and Facebook for updates and code giveaways!
12-20-2010, 06:34 PM

12-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Has anyone had a chance to try this out yet? Its the most fun you'll ever have playing with balls....
12-29-2010, 06:10 PM
any video of this? It's hard to tell what's going on in the screenshots.
12-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
any video of this? It's hard to tell what's going on in the screenshots.
You want a video? A video? YOU CAN'T HANDLE A VIDEO!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Seriously though, this game kicks ass!

If not clear in the video, you're tasked with drawing a connecting path through multiple same type balls. If you are able to eliminate enough groups of them before any of your balls touch the zapper you'll successfully complete the level. Since getting a group of 6 at once is worth MUCH MORE than simply getting two groups of 3, the trick appears to be making chains as long as possible which is often easier said then done as the balls are almost constantly in motion. So even if an early level is quite easy to complete, getting a high enough score to qualify than more than a single star out of three can be quite tricky.

There is also the fun dynamic that each level brings via its zapper which will require you to be ever mindful of which of your balls might be straying to close to the danger zone ("Sure, matching 3 baseballs in that lower right corner was a pretty feeble point maneuver compared to that possible 9 basketball chain, but had you not made that match quickly right then the scale would have tipped into the zapper and ended the run").

There is also an HD version available which is the one I played to leave this review! As far as I know it is identical but with nicely rescaled HD graphics.

A must for fans of clever physics match 3s!
5/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
We have codes for Toy Balls!!

Interested in entering the world of Toy Balls!??? We have some codes to give away!!
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appency View Post
Interested in entering the world of Toy Balls!??? We have some codes to give away!!
Sure! HD version
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Me, too, I'd love to try out the HD version!
01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appency View Post
I'll take a code

Really want to try this on my iPad, but would also like the iphone version if that's what is available.

Thanks!

Twitter: @Zincous

Last edited by Zincous; 01-03-2011 at 07:56 PM.
01-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I would like a code for the HD version. Thanks!