★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shape Escape: Lite - Available / Full - Promo code giveaway

03-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Shape Escape: Lite - Available / Full - Promo code giveaway

Hello Everyone,

I am the developer of a new puzzle game called Shape Escape.

First, I am glad to announce that Shape Escape Lite is now available. This free lite version has 9 levels in campaign mode and 1 more in practice mode. It will give you a good idea of the game, but the full version has many more levels, most of which are much harder. (A later version of Shape Escape Lite will have 3 levels from each difficulty, but right now there is only 1 level pack and only 9 levels in campaign mode for the lite version). The full version has 99 levels right now and 99 more that should be available within days. I made the lite version because I am sure you will love it enough to buy the full version.

Second, I am doing a promo code giveaway for the paid version. Right now the full version is $1.99, but I plan on making it fixed at $2.99 in a couple of days (which will still be well worth it once I have the minimum 300 planned levels). This is how the promo code giveaway for the paid version of Shape Escape will work... I am doing a raffle for all the people who download Shape Escape Lite (or the full version) AND leave a response to this thread about it. It has to show at least a little bit of effort, though, don't just say "cool game." I am looking for useful feedback (tell me what you did and didn't like about the game). Out of the useful feedback on Shape Escape, I will raffle at least 3 winners (maybe more if I notice a huge amount of people replying). I will let you all know the winners' Touch Arcade names and then I will private message them a promo code for the full version of Shape Escape.

This is my thank you for those taking the time to try out Shape Escape Lite, I am sure you will enjoy the game.

Go try Shape Escape Lite and leave a response here on Touch Arcade to be entered in the raffle (One entry per person, but feel free to comment as much as you'd like. Entries must be made by March 24th, 10PM EST (tomorrow night). I will pick the random winners shortly after this deadline).

Here is a link to Shape Escape Lite in the App Store:

Have fun and good luck in the promo code giveaway if you decide to reply with a response. Thanks!

03-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Paid a buck for this. I like it

Don't check this site or private messages often.

03-23-2009, 10:34 AM
ok looks interesting enough to check out the lite version

03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Here are some quick comments about the shapes escape lite:

1. overall, I feel it is a game similar to sokanban

2. At the 1st and 2nd levels, when the elephant move the blocks over to the wrong holes there is no penalty in the campaign mode but on the 3rd level, when I move the wrong blocks to the wrong hole, there is a error message and the block is stuck. Maybe you can make it consistent behaviour.

3. Perhaps you can make it more challenging if the elephant walk over the holes, it will drop down and you have to restart the level.

4. Good game for those who needs to do problem solving every day.
03-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Alright, thanks for promoting Shape Escape through these TA forums. I will say I like that I do not have to use the D-Pad, i'm a fairly big dude and my thumb already consumes 73.4% of my screen One other tie in to this thought-provoking game; when I was 7 yrs old I got my parents and myself kicked out of the Brookfield Zoo for kicking an elephant that got a little too personal with me. True story, oh yeah, anyway when I saw my little elephant character I LOL thinking back.

Alright there's my effort, now cough-up the code.....j/k

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Trying it out now. Some comments as I play:

- Only one practice level until you unlock more. Could probably use two or three to really get the player into the zone.

- Default volume control. ARGH! Please use the Application Volume control instead. Otherwise default is ringer volume on the iPhone and I don't want to monkey with my ringer volume unless I actually intend to adjust my ringer volume.

- Graphics are fairly simple. No screen or menu transitions. Not really a bad thing, and it gives it a kind of retro feel almost, but that's probably unintentional and may not work any magic with the eye candy-craving crowd.

Not a bad game; it does absolutely take a lot of cues from Sokoban, except the destination spaces for the blocks are scattered around the level. It's different, but doesn't appreciably alter the strategy involved with the exception of having to avoid getting the wrong coloured shape into its otherwise matching hole. But it's enjoyable nonetheless.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I absolutely love this game. The only thing I really want is an Undo button for the last move. It is so easy to mistakenly hit the wrong arrow key and mess up and then have to restart the level. An Undo button would be wonderful. That wouldn't be cheating, would it? ;-)
03-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi fela,
I really enjoyed this game, although not the prettiest game on the app store its really a fun little game. A few things though I agree with the undo buttton mentioned above, also although the big keypad is great it does somewhat get in the way, if it was invisible and you just pressed the respective side it would not be so distractive, another nice little feature would be to have different characters, though I admit I do like the elephant.
03-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Another comment:

Maybe when I tap the elephant to move, it should give a sound of the elephant to be realistic. It is currently a tame one who just obeys me with no sounds.
03-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Ok, so I just got the lite and It was pretty cool

ßeta Tester
**GameCenter**Super Sanch0