★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: whack-a-groox, feedback welcome

03-23-2009, 10:38 AM
whack-a-groox, feedback welcome

hi there,

we just released our first iphone game called whack-a-groox, which is available on itunes now.

it's a very simple, straight-forward whack-a-mole/ shooting gallery type game with a little twist: you must rub a bar to create snowballs before you can throw then. as we want to add more features to keep the title interesting, i'd love to receive feedback from you guys.

just shout out what you think, i can bear any critique :-)

more screens:

-- spot | www.nothing.ch

Last edited by spot; 03-23-2009 at 10:41 AM.
03-23-2009, 10:39 AM
I'd review a lite

Don't check this site or private messages often.

03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
it looks great. anyone wants to tofit?
03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
This game scares me a little bit... I don't want to be anywhere near those creepy blue guys that are "happy to see me."

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
03-23-2009, 11:07 AM
@kris jones: muhaha, good one

-- spot | www.nothing.ch
03-23-2009, 11:36 AM
... and for those considering writing a review, please private message me i'm willing to give away promo codes.

-- spot | www.nothing.ch
03-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
... and for those considering writing a review, please private message me i'm willing to give away promo codes.
Pm sent. I'd love to review this game. Like someone said before, it looks like a nice substitute to MGS hah (was it Albie?).

P.S. The aliens in one of the shots realllly remind me of Jimmy Neutron.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2

Last edited by kiwi91; 03-23-2009 at 11:46 AM.
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
disclaimer:
i received a code for this game and i have only played two other similar games -- whack attack and whack a wolf.

review:
i am digging this game! totally caught me offguard. the developer mentioned that they added a twist (you must create your own snowballs to be able to hit the groox) but he didn't mention the rest.

there are three kinds of "monsters" here: a groox, a sick bambam and a happy bambam.

the one on the farthest right is a groox. you must hit him with a snowball or, else, he will "roar" and release a foul odor that will decrease your energy level.

the one on the farthest left is a sick bambam. hit him with a snowball to cure him.

the one in the middle is a happy bambam. do not hit him or it will decrease your energy level.

the heart signifies your energy level. the green bars denote your status in the current wave (full means you are nearing the end) and the number beneath that is the wave you are in.

the bottom bar is for creating snowballs and you can create a maximum of five.

all these introduce a different approach to the classic whack-a-mole formula.

i must also say that the graphics and the sounds are great (specially when i compare them with the other whack-a-thingie games i've tried). the sound effects, for me, fit the game.

lastly, there's an online leaderboard to encourage the competitive nature in all of us.

a couple of suggestions for future updates:
1. i didn't like the icon. it looks like an evil eye.

2. how about an achievement section: most number of bambams saved, most number of groox hit, number of perfect waves (hit all you need to hit, saved all you need to saved)?

3. a pause button and the ability to resume games.

4. a reward system. like if you've saved 50 bambams, you get an additional snowball (making it 6 instead of 5). also, with every few bambams i save, shouldn't my energy level go up?

Last edited by zvnthynn; 03-23-2009 at 09:52 PM.
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm looking forward to playing this game more. Played for a minute or to earlier and was really impressed. the graphics are beautiful!!!

Btw, just a quick suggestion: I think maybe the icon name should be the initials WAG.

it would look pretty cool

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
PM sent!!!
Looks fun can't wait till u get back on so u can PM me!

ßeta Tester
**GameCenter**Super Sanch0