★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ------------------
Introduction
------------------

Basketball Arena is an addictive basketball side scroll simulation. You control the ball with your touch screen.

Featuring:

- Realistic basketball court!
- 3 addictive game modes!
- Amazing ball physics and realism. You will feel like you're playing real basketball!

------------------
Instructions:
------------------

It's as simple as swiping your finger through the screen. The ball will follow the direction and intensity of the swipe. Check Game Modes section for instructions on how to play each of them.

-------------------
Game Modes
-------------------

- Freeplay - Test and improve your skills and try to obtain the highest scoring goal!

- Duel - Play with a friend and prove your accuracy and skills!

- Timed Play - Race against the clock to score the highest amount of goals!

------------------
Warning
------------------

It's so addictive you might stop living your real life! Play responsibly!
Don't waste all your time playing basketball with this game, go out and play with your friends too!

-----------------
Quotes
-----------------

"One of the best games of our time! I'll give it a 12/10!" - unreliable source

"Truly an amazing game, and a reference mark for games to come." - myself

"It's so realistic I even put on my shorts to play it!" - troll

clapdiv's comments:

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/basketball-arena/id409130263?mt=8

------------------
Introduction
------------------

Basketball Arena is an addictive basketball side scroll simulation. You control the ball with your touch screen.

Featuring:

- Realistic basketball court!
- 3 addictive game modes!
- Amazing ball physics and realism. You will feel like you're playing real basketball!

------------------
Instructions:
------------------

It's as simple as swiping your finger through the screen. The ball will follow the direction and intensity of the swipe. Check Game Modes section for instructions on how to play each of them.

-------------------
Game Modes
-------------------

- Freeplay - Test and improve your skills and try to obtain the highest scoring goal!

- Duel - Play with a friend and prove your accuracy and skills!

- Timed Play - Race against the clock to score the highest amount of goals!

------------------
Warning
------------------

It's so addictive you might stop living your real life! Play responsibly!
Don't waste all your time playing basketball with this game, go out and play with your friends too!

-----------------
Quotes
-----------------

"One of the best games of our time! I'll give it a 12/10!" - unreliable source

"Truly an amazing game, and a reference mark for games to come." - myself

"It's so realistic I even put on my shorts to play it!" - troll

-----------------
Screenshots
-----------------

12-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Little can be gauged about the gameplay from the screenshots. I'm normally interested in games using the control method outlined in the description, but I've no idea how it is actually implemented in this game. Perhaps a lite, or at the very least a video might help.
12-21-2010, 06:47 AM
We do not intend on making a lite version right away.

We can however give away a promo code for you to download the game, if you are willing to submit a review and rating. I'll PM it to you.
12-21-2010, 07:04 AM
On future updates we intend on adding support for gamecenter/openfeint.

There will also be support for turn based multiplayer duel mode.
12-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapdiv View Post
We do not intend on making a lite version right away.

We can however give away a promo code for you to download the game, if you are willing to submit a review and rating. I'll PM it to you.
Well, thanks for the code. I see what you were going for here, and it's actually a nice idea. It also needs a fair bit more work. Firstly, the physics: currently the ball feels too heavy and moves too slowly. It doesn't feel realistic and needs to be tweaked until it does. Secondly, that would then make for a solid base, from which you could think about implementing interesting game modes. Right now, the game modes feel pretty bare.

Also, there is a technical glitch (at least on my device: iTouch 4G) where the opening menu appears as 1/4 full screen in the upper left side. The loading screen then appears 1/4 size centered, and while the game itself is sized correctly and plays in full screen, the pause menu again appears to revert to 1/4 size.

To sum up: I think you have a nice idea here, but not an app ready for sale.
12-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the time spent reviewing the game. You presented us with very useful feedback.

About the technical glitch you refered with the menus it's because the game was made with the regular displays in mind, with 480x320 resolution. We're currently working on fixing it for retina displays.

We've had some opinions like yours concerning the ball feeling too heavy and we're trying to perfect it so it looks and feels as realistic as possible.

We're also working on new game modes to add to the game which we believe will make it a lot more fun.

We're very interested in suggestions from everyone. We will give away promo codes to anyone willing to try the game, review it and help us with perfecting it.

Our goal is to make this game the best basketball game in app store and a fun game in general even for people who are not fans of this sport.